Form not working on older versions
Author Message
 Form not working on older versions

Hi All,

Have been developing a form mostly on a Windows XP machine with Office
XP installed on it but have also tested it on my Win95/Outlook98
machine and it works okay. Have tried this on a machine with office 97
and it doesn't work. I have published it in the personal forms and
they have the correct access. From what i can gather different
versions of outlook have different builds and versions and this in
tutrns affects the VBScript version that it has.

The guy's PC who i am testing it out on has version 8.04 my XP machine
is 10.0. Although according to a KB i've read 290661 Using VBScript
with outlook it should have an updated version as it has Internet
Explorer 5.5. So i'm wandering if there is some way of sorting this
out. Or if something else is wrong.

Also saw somewhere else about late binding which doesn't reference the
object model when it is used but am not sure where to use it, and
exactly how to do it. Here is a bit of code i think is late binded, it
is to get rid of the custom toolbars send/reply/etc

Set oOutlook=Application
'These lines of code get rid of the default send/forward/reply buttons
that are standard on all Outlook forms
'So that our own buttons can be used instead
On Error Resume Next

        for t = 1 to oOutlook.ActiveInspector.CommandBars.Count

        oOutlook.ActiveInspector.CommandBars.Item(t).Visible = false

        next
        'done...
What other things would i have to do a similar thing on and how (if
you know?), for example i have used Item.Userproperties.find a lot
would this need to be modified.

Any alternative suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated
thankyou.

Sun, 02 Oct 2005 23:29:21 GMT
 Form not working on older versions

Quote:
> Have tried this on a machine with office 97
> and it doesn't work.

Go to www.slipstick.com and search on version.  You should get a page
detailing the differences between versions.

 Hollis D. Paul [MVP - Outlook]

 Using Virtual Access 4.52 build 277 (32-bit), Windows 2000 build 2195
 http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SD=TECH&LN=EN-US

 Mukilteo, WA  USA

Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:25:57 GMT
 Form not working on older versions
What kind of form? Contact, message, etc.? What precisely doesn't work?

VBScript supports *only* late binding, so that's not an issue.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi All,

> Have been developing a form mostly on a Windows XP machine with Office
> XP installed on it but have also tested it on my Win95/Outlook98
> machine and it works okay. Have tried this on a machine with office 97
> and it doesn't work. I have published it in the personal forms and
> they have the correct access. From what i can gather different
> versions of outlook have different builds and versions and this in
> tutrns affects the VBScript version that it has.

> The guy's PC who i am testing it out on has version 8.04 my XP machine
> is 10.0. Although according to a KB i've read 290661 Using VBScript
> with outlook it should have an updated version as it has Internet
> Explorer 5.5. So i'm wandering if there is some way of sorting this
> out. Or if something else is wrong.

> Also saw somewhere else about late binding which doesn't reference the
> object model when it is used but am not sure where to use it, and
> exactly how to do it. Here is a bit of code i think is late binded, it
> is to get rid of the custom toolbars send/reply/etc

> Set oOutlook=Application
> 'These lines of code get rid of the default send/forward/reply buttons
> that are standard on all Outlook forms
> 'So that our own buttons can be used instead
> On Error Resume Next

> for t = 1 to oOutlook.ActiveInspector.CommandBars.Count

>   oOutlook.ActiveInspector.CommandBars.Item(t).Visible = false

> next
> 'done...
> What other things would i have to do a similar thing on and how (if
> you know?), for example i have used Item.Userproperties.find a lot
> would this need to be modified.

> Any alternative suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated
> thankyou.

Mon, 03 Oct 2005 07:29:03 GMT
 Form not working on older versions
Hi,

I think i have mostly solved this problem i took out this line of code
on my form:-

Item.messageClass=sSaveMessageClass

Which i was using before i sent the form.
But now i am having a problem with forwarding(i will probably do a
separate post on this). Here is my code anyway just in case you know
any reason why it isn't working properly:-

IF Item.SenderName="" Then

item.subject="Preventive Corrective Action Number: " &
Item.UserProperties.find("PCA Number")

'Save Changes to form
Item.Save

'Then Send
Item.Send
ELSE
Set fItem=Item.Forward
fItem.subject="Preventive Corrective Action Number: " &
Item.UserProperties.find("PCA Number")
fitem.Save
fitem.To=Item.To
fitem.CC=Item.CC
fitem.Send
item.delete
END IF

I have tested this by sending from my machine to another person, them
forwarding it back to me and then me trying to forward it back to
them. On the final time it doesn't go to the person entered into the
to box, it only goes to the CC recipient which is fixed, but i don't
won't the to fixed as it needs to be changed.

Quote:
> What kind of form? Contact, message, etc.? What precisely doesn't work?

> VBScript supports *only* late binding, so that's not an issue.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
>      for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.slipstick.com/books/jumpstart.htm

> > Hi All,

> > Have been developing a form mostly on a Windows XP machine with Office
> > XP installed on it but have also tested it on my Win95/Outlook98
> > machine and it works okay. Have tried this on a machine with office 97
> > and it doesn't work. I have published it in the personal forms and
> > they have the correct access. From what i can gather different
> > versions of outlook have different builds and versions and this in
> > tutrns affects the VBScript version that it has.

> > The guy's PC who i am testing it out on has version 8.04 my XP machine
> > is 10.0. Although according to a KB i've read 290661 Using VBScript
> > with outlook it should have an updated version as it has Internet
> > Explorer 5.5. So i'm wandering if there is some way of sorting this
> > out. Or if something else is wrong.

> > Also saw somewhere else about late binding which doesn't reference the
> > object model when it is used but am not sure where to use it, and
> > exactly how to do it. Here is a bit of code i think is late binded, it
> > is to get rid of the custom toolbars send/reply/etc

> > Set oOutlook=Application
> > 'These lines of code get rid of the default send/forward/reply buttons
> > that are standard on all Outlook forms
> > 'So that our own buttons can be used instead
> > On Error Resume Next

> > for t = 1 to oOutlook.ActiveInspector.CommandBars.Count

> >   oOutlook.ActiveInspector.CommandBars.Item(t).Visible = false

> > next
> > 'done...
> > What other things would i have to do a similar thing on and how (if
> > you know?), for example i have used Item.Userproperties.find a lot
> > would this need to be modified.

> > Any alternative suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated
> > thankyou.

Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:37:12 GMT

1. Inet control works perfectly on new win95, but not old

2. Older version of MDAC installed on a pc with a newer version

3. Older version of MDAC installed over a newer version

4. Older version of MDAC installed on a pc with a newer version

5. MDE version of ACC97 database not working on other machines

6. api not in WORKING MODEL VERSIONS??

7. Wang imaging controls will not work on Win 95 version A

8. Runtime version of Access does not work

9. api not in WORKING MODEL VERSIONS??

10. Contacts using old form instead of new customized form

11. testing macros in older versions of Word

12. How to create setup file that automatically uninstall the older version