Merging several documents into one
Author Message
 Merging several documents into one

Hi all,
I would like to write a macro which would take the content of Doc1, Doc2,
Doc 3 ... and would combine it in one single document Doc_tot. Could someone
tell me roughly how to proceed (using selection=Wholestory or ranges or
...). Eventually I would like also to delete Doc1,... at the end.
thanks in advance,
Ali

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 06:13:04 GMT
 Merging several documents into one
Hi Ali

It's easiest just to use Selection.InsertFile, until they're all inserted.

Regards

Dave

| Hi all,
| I would like to write a macro which would take the content of Doc1, Doc2,
| Doc 3 ... and would combine it in one single document Doc_tot. Could
someone
| tell me roughly how to proceed (using selection=Wholestory or ranges or
| ...). Eventually I would like also to delete Doc1,... at the end.
| thanks in advance,
| Ali

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 06:35:53 GMT
 Merging several documents into one
Thanks for the tip, found this in the Help

Documents.Add
ChDir "C:\TMP"
myName = Dir("*.TXT")
While myName <> ""
    With Selection
        .InsertFile FileName:=myName, ConfirmConversions:=False
        .InsertParagraphAfter
        .InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakNextPage
        .Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseEnd
    End With
    myName = Dir()
Wend

Quote:
> Hi Ali

> It's easiest just to use Selection.InsertFile, until they're all inserted.

> Regards

> Dave

> | Hi all,
> | I would like to write a macro which would take the content of Doc1,
Doc2,
> | Doc 3 ... and would combine it in one single document Doc_tot. Could
> someone
> | tell me roughly how to proceed (using selection=Wholestory or ranges or
> | ...). Eventually I would like also to delete Doc1,... at the end.
> | thanks in advance,
> | Ali

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 04:42:16 GMT
 Merging several documents into one
have u got an answer for this.. pls send me the code if u
have one for combining all the doc files in to one and
creating a new doc file
Quote:

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 06:53:59 GMT
 Merging several documents into one
There are several replies to the original message - if you expand the
original message you'll see them.

I notice you are posting via the MS web interface; if you have access to
Outlook Express (or any newsreader) you will find things work much easier
and faster by using that. Try clicking on the following link to access this
newsgroup via your newsreader:

See http://www.mvps.org/word/FindHelp/WhichNewgrp.htm for a full list of the
Word newsgroups, with links to each.

Regards

Dave

| have u got an answer for this.. pls send me the code if u
| have one for combining all the doc files in to one and
| creating a new doc file

Quote:

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 08:50:23 GMT

1. how to gather html from several documents and place into one big document

2. Merging Several Projects Into One

3. Creating several tables in one document.

4. Combine several URLs in one document?

5. One Big Module or Several Small Ones?

6. (Q211727) Mail merge document restored to normal document - Word 2000

7. Opening Merge Document tries to remerge the document

8. Merge two wave file one after one

9. Merging with several records

10. Combining data from several fields into one

11. create several small files from one big

12. Combining several WinWord dos into one ?