Persist Security Info in Linked ODBC table
Author Message
 Persist Security Info in Linked ODBC table

Hello everyone,

I am using Access 97 with  INTERSOLV 3.01 32-BIT Oracle7 ODBC Driver to
connect to an Oracle 7.3.4.0 database.  When I use the
DoCmd.TransferDatabase method and include the UID and PWD parameters in the
connection string and specify True for the StoreLogin argument the user's
login information is saved with the linked table.

When I try using DAO and create a tabledef and specify the same connect
string the login information is not saved and the user is prompted to logon
to Oracle the next time they try to use one of the linked tables.

I need to use the DAO method because I am linking to some Views and
TransferDatabase prompts for a unique key, DAO does not.

Does anyone know how to make the login information stay with the linked
tables when using DAO to do the link?

Thanks,

Matthew MacFarland

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Persist Security Info in Linked ODBC table
Try using dbAttachSavePWD flag when calling CreateTableDef with the connect
string.

 -- Dev

: Hello everyone,
:
[...]

Thank you very much for your reply, it worked!

Matthew MacFarland

Quote:
> Try using dbAttachSavePWD flag when calling CreateTableDef with the
connect
> string.

>  -- Dev

> : Hello everyone,
> :
> : I am using Access 97 with  INTERSOLV 3.01 32-BIT Oracle7 ODBC Driver to
> : connect to an Oracle 7.3.4.0 database.  When I use the
> : DoCmd.TransferDatabase method and include the UID and PWD parameters in
> the
> : connection string and specify True for the StoreLogin argument the
user's
> : login information is saved with the linked table.
> :
> : When I try using DAO and create a tabledef and specify the same connect
> : string the login information is not saved and the user is prompted to
> logon
> : to Oracle the next time they try to use one of the linked tables.
> :
> : I need to use the DAO method because I am linking to some Views and
> : TransferDatabase prompts for a unique key, DAO does not.
> :
> : Does anyone know how to make the login information stay with the linked
> : tables when using DAO to do the link?
> :
> : Thanks,
> :
> : Matthew MacFarland
> :
> :

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sybase & Persist Security Info

2. Access and linked ODBC tables don't use ODBC Definition

3. Is it possible to link ActiveData tables to ODBC tables

4. prevent linking tables without the use of Access security

5. prevent linking tables without the use of access security

6. Updating linked table info in Access 97 database

7. Need info from table that is linked through another left outer join

8. Changing the linked table path without the linked table manager

9. Efficiency of SQL INSERT to ODBC-linked table

10. Updating ODBC linked table via code

11. reconnect linked tables to JET and ODBC

12. No ODBC data sources on link table wizard