Anti-Virus Scanners
Author Message
 Anti-Virus Scanners

Does anyone know how anti-virus scanners work for Outlook
messages?  Are they MAPI Spooler hooks?  Are they Winsock
LSP's?  If they are I certainly cannot find the hooks
they are making into my system.

I would like to understand the API level that they work
at.  In particular I am interested in outgoing messages,
but I would also like to understand incoming messages as
well.

I am also wondering if there is any difference in how
these filters work for different versions of outlook and
windows.

Thanks for any pointers and assistance.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 03:28:25 GMT

1. Getting what file is currently operated (like an Antivirus scanner)

2. scan for virus programmatically in Outlook VBA using any anti virus software

3. Access drastically slowed by Norton Anti-Virus 5 testing of .mdb files

4. Word automation error with norton anti-virus

5. What does the anti-virus programs do?

6. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

7. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

8. Anti-Virus causes crash on MDI Unload Event

9. Antivirus - worm virus

10. Anti Virus protection

11. Off Topic - Personal Anti virus removal

12. Anti Virus DLL