ComboBox Question
Author Message
 ComboBox Question

If you have a 2 column combo box with the combo box bound to the first
column is there anyay to read the value from the second column into a
variable using code.  I understand how to move through the listindex etc
for a combobox but I can't find anyway to read the value from the second
column in a combobox

eg
        Column1         Column2

        Tom             222-2222
        Joe             333-3333
        Frank           567-8967
If the user selects the item Joe from the combo box and I would like to
read the phone # from column 2 after they choose a name, in this case
Joe's phone #. How can I do this??

appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dion

Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ComboBox Question

Hi,
Sure there's a way.  Look in Help at the Column Property. In your example
me!ListBoxname.Column(1)
would give you  the phone# if the Name is the bound field (hence Column(0))

HTH
--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:If you have a 2 column combo box with the combo box bound to the first
:column is there anyay to read the value from the second column into a
:variable using code.  I understand how to move through the listindex etc
:for a combobox but I can't find anyway to read the value from the second
:column in a combobox
:
:eg
:    Column1 Column2
:
: Tom 222-2222
: Joe 333-3333
: Frank 567-8967
:If the user selects the item Joe from the combo box and I would like to
:read the phone # from column 2 after they choose a name, in this case
:Joe's phone #. How can I do this??
:

:appreciated.
: