Viewing Report window without Granting any Other DB Access
Author Message
 Viewing Report window without Granting any Other DB Access

Hi, I want to allow my users to view a report before they print it through a
VB6 interface. I know I could simply choose

accApp.Visible = True

after changing to print preview but this also gives the user complete access
to the report design and the rest of the database in general which I cannot
allow, is there anyway of just showing the preview while denying access to
the rest of the database? I'm using A2K.
cheers,
dave.

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:57:39 GMT
 Viewing Report window without Granting any Other DB Access

Quote:
> allow, is there anyway of just showing the preview while denying access to

Of course - read up on securing your database. However, since all
you want to do is view the report before printing, just export it to
a snapshot, and use the snapshot viewer as the preview pane. That
will be easier for a first-timer than trying to understand Access
security.
Quote:

> Hi, I want to allow my users to view a report before they print it through a
> VB6 interface. I know I could simply choose

> accApp.Visible = True

> after changing to print preview but this also gives the user complete access
> to the report design and the rest of the database in general which I cannot
> allow, is there anyway of just showing the preview while denying access to
> the rest of the database? I'm using A2K.
> cheers,
> dave.

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:33:07 GMT

1. View a Report without Crystal Report installed ?

2. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

3. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

4. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

5. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

6. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

7. open report in design view without showing on screen

8. how to print directly without viewing the report in cr8

9. View report without a border

10. PRINTING CRYSTAL REPORT WITHOUT VIEWING

11. Accessing child window properties without painting the window

12. Viewing a list of forms/reports etc in external DB