Aggregate functions
Author Message
 Aggregate functions

I would like to know if there is any way to create new
aggregate functions either sql or domain A.F. and if the
answer is yes can you give me an example?

Thanks in advance

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 03:16:24 GMT
 Aggregate functions

Quote:

>I would like to know if there is any way to create new
>aggregate functions either sql or domain A.F. and if the
>answer is yes can you give me an example?

You can not create new SQL Aggregate Functions since those
are built in to the database engine.  However, it's not too
difficult to create functions that behave like the Domain
Aggregate Functions.  I don't have an example of one handy,
but you can search the google archives for Joe Foster's
DConcat function for a fairly popular one.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:20:32 GMT
 Aggregate functions
Thanks you very much  Mark
Quote:

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:17:34 GMT

1. new type of aggregate function (product function)

2. Custom aggregate function

3. Domain Aggregate Function problem

4. Domain Aggregate function to return Collection/array

5. Aggregate function for values of fields in record

6. creating custom aggregate functions

7. Determine if SQL-Aggregate functions are ready

8. DAO didn't recognize Domain Aggregate functions

9. Custom Aggregate Function Brainwave?

10. is it possible to write aggregate functions

11. Custom Aggregate Function

12. SQL Aggregate functions