Data from hidden column or make column visible
Author Message
 Data from hidden column or make column visible

G'day,

I want to get data from a hidden column in Project98. The column is a text
field (eg Text14).

I don't want to have the column displayed, but could handle having it there
temporarily to copy the data and then hide again.

I can work out how to hide a column in code, but I can't seem to make a
column appear (ie make it visible).

How can I either copy from a hidden column or make a column appear via VBA
code???

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

David Stumbles

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:30:39 GMT
 Data from hidden column or make column visible
Hi,

MsgBox "Contents of Text14 for the first task of the active project: " &
ActiveProject.Tasks(1).Text14

To see how to insert or delete a column, record a macro (Tools, Macro,
Record New Macro) of you inserting and deleting a column then stop recording
and look at the code in the VBE.

--

Visit www.mvps.org/project/ for the Project MVP's FAQ and third party
add-ons

Rod Gill
Microsoft Project MVP
Visit www.projectlearning.com for customized Project and Office VBA macros
and Project companion software

Quote:
> G'day,

> I want to get data from a hidden column in Project98. The column is a text
> field (eg Text14).

> I don't want to have the column displayed, but could handle having it
there
> temporarily to copy the data and then hide again.

> I can work out how to hide a column in code, but I can't seem to make a
> column appear (ie make it visible).

> How can I either copy from a hidden column or make a column appear via VBA
> code???

> I would greatly appreciate any help.

> Thanks,

> David Stumbles

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 05:33:48 GMT
 Data from hidden column or make column visible
David,

First there is no need whatsoever to unhide tghe clumn; task.text14 will
always give you teh content whether the column is visble or not.

But if you do want to manipulater columns, read teh help on the tableedit
method
HTH
Jan

Quote:
> G'day,

> I want to get data from a hidden column in Project98. The column is a text
> field (eg Text14).

> I don't want to have the column displayed, but could handle having it
there
> temporarily to copy the data and then hide again.

> I can work out how to hide a column in code, but I can't seem to make a
> column appear (ie make it visible).

> How can I either copy from a hidden column or make a column appear via VBA
> code???

> I would greatly appreciate any help.

> Thanks,

> David Stumbles

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 00:37:20 GMT

1. making other column behave like the resoruce name column

2. Crystal Reports: Use Data Set in Existing Columns to Generate a New Column

3. Datagrid - set column visible to false

4. Setting non-visible DBGrid columns.

5. Determine visible columns in listview

6. ListView: How to make the last column visible.

7. How to hide a column in datagrid and make a link with hidden column?

8. Making column from repetitive field information

9. REQ: Show picture in column B, depending value in column A

10. Making a column enable = False

11. Making a list into multiple columns in Excel

12. Error creating rows with columns having different column width