CreateObject Sometimes silently fails
Author Message
 CreateObject Sometimes silently fails

Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

about 5% of the time the mail appears to have been sent. But it is not in
sent box. Ctrl&Alt&Del shows (outlook) not responding. I tried to ".Save"
the mail, right before the ".Display", but it seams that Outlook will not
save if opened thru automation(security?).

So, I use Shell "C:\Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/Outlook.exe", and
this never fails to open Outlook and send the mail. But this means that all
users need to have Outlook in same path and I can not close it. Even if I
save the mail, closing outlook before mail is sent will stop the sending.

Any ideas?
Paul

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:00:02 GMT

1. CreateObject fails - sometimes

2. CreateObject failing (sometimes!)

3. Word 2000 addin runs but is sometimes silently disabled in Word XP

4. ADO recordset : Resync sometimes works and sometimes failed

5. Code works when stepping through but fails silently at runtime

6. Why does Access 2000 silently fail?

7. Implements keyword failing *sometimes*

8. Task Pane macro fails (sometimes)

9. OrdinalPosition property fails sometimes

10. ADO JOIN update : Recync sometimes failed .

11. ReDate Fails Sometimes

12. sometimes he does it sometimes he doesn't