Linking tasks and contacts
Author Message
 Linking tasks and contacts

I would like to record against one task links to other tasks, appointments
etc.

Since I cannot find a constant ID for outlook items I created a UserProperty
called ID and populated this with unique ID's for items I created.  I then
recorded in another userproperty  called Links the ID's of those items
related to the current one.

However when I read the list of related ID's from the Links property of an
item I then have to search for the related items by scanning all items in
turn and comparing the ID property of each until I find a match.  With a lot
of items this is very slow in VBScript.

So I have two questions:

1)  Is there a better way to record links between items
2)  Is there a fast way to return an item (say a task) which has a specific
value in a UserProperty without sequentially reading every task until you
find the right one.

Thanks,
David

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:59:43 GMT

1. How do I programmatically link contact to contact?

2. Adding a contact link in the Links Collection

3. drag a contact/task/appointment from Outlook and drop it at my application

4. How to: Add a contact to Appointment/Task/Journal by program

5. Add a contact to a task and an appointment

6. Task Contact

7. contacts on tasks

8. Add to Outlook Contacts Field in Task Form

9. Add to Outlook Contacts Field In Task Form?

10. Transferring standard contact data from standard contact forms into contact custom forms

11. Getting the linked contacts of an appointment

12. Generate a link in the Contacts field?