"Server not available"
Author Message
 "Server not available"

I have code that attempts to log into an Outlook session
in an Access Database:

Public Sub SendMailFromAccess()

    Dim otlkApp  As New Outlook.Application 'This works
fine.
    Dim otlkMail As Outlook.MailItem

    Call otlkApp.Session.Logon("UserID", , False) 'This
is where it SOMETIMES gives me the "Server not Available"
error
    Set otlkMail = otlkApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
    'Perform Mailing code...
    Set otlkMail = Nothing

    otlkApp.Session.Logoff
    otlkApp.Quit

End Sub

Sometimes this code fails, sometimes not. It also runs on
a Terminal Server, where multiple users may be on the
same machine at once. This doesn't seem to be the
problem, though, since I have had multiple users logged
in before and it worked. It has also failed when there is
only one user on board, so again it doesn't seem like a
licensing issue. The error doesn't seem to be consistent,
and I was just wondering if someone out there knew what
might be wrong with the code. The library set up in the
references under Tools is Outlook 9.0

Thanks for any tips or help

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:06:03 GMT

1. "Feature not available" Message

2. "visible"-property not available from Interface-Assistant

3. "Client Site Not Available" Error

4. "Unattended Execution" not available

5. Handling Err68 "Device Not Available"

8. "Object server not correctly registered" error

9. OLE - "Server not responding"

10. VB4 "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"

11. "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"

12. "Server" was not handled