Running a Word VBA sub/macro from Excel
Author Message
 Running a Word VBA sub/macro from Excel

I understand how to run a macro/sub from another file, but
not from another application.  I have written a Word
Macro, but need to run it from an Excel VBA sub.  Can
anybody help me?

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:42:27 GMT
 Running a Word VBA sub/macro from Excel
Hi Hans,

Have a look at the article "Control Word from Excel" at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/InterDev/ControlWordFromXL.htm

HTH

Quote:
> I understand how to run a macro/sub from another file, but
> not from another application.  I have written a Word
> Macro, but need to run it from an Excel VBA sub.  Can
> anybody help me?

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:50:29 GMT
 Running a Word VBA sub/macro from Excel
I just figured out how to run a Word Macro from Excel, but
I get an error message when trying to send a variable for
a Word Macro.

Quote:

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 04:13:59 GMT
 Running a Word VBA sub/macro from Excel
Hi Hans,

Quote:
> I just figured out how to run a Word Macro from Excel, but
> I get an error message when trying to send a variable for
> a Word Macro.

I'm assuming 1) that you've found Application.Run and 2) this
is Word97?

In that case, you can't send a variable to Word; Word97
didn't support this (later versions do). you have to store
the information you want to pass somewhere else, such as in a
Word Document Variable, Document property, or an INI file.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:53:22 GMT

1. Running a word Macro & an excel macro

2. Run an Excel Sub from Word

3. >10000 lines Excel - MailMerge with word via VBA Macro

4. Importing text file into Excel using VBA - from a word macro

5. Word/Excel Mailmerge via VBA macro problem

6. Excel Macro via Word VBA

7. Back to back Excel & Word VBA macros

8. Run Excel Macro through Access VBA

9. Run Access Macro From Excel - VBA

10. Excel VBA macro to run Access Report

11. VBA macro in Excel - running on a different computer gives me error 32811

12. Word freezes trying to run macro or open vba using Alt-F11