Access equivalent of Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen).Show
Author Message
 Access equivalent of Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen).Show

I'm trying to get Access 2000 to show the file open dialog box so the
user can choose a file to import.

In Word I would use Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen).Show which brings up the
File Open dialog with all the user's current windows settings, and
allows me to store the file chosen in a variable for later use...

Can anyone help please?

Carol Chisholm

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access equivalent of Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen).Show
There isn't one, unfortunately.  You'll have to call the API directly. The
code is available under teh API section of www.mvps.org/access.

 -- Dev

:
: In Word I would use Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen).Show which brings up the
: File Open dialog with all the user's current windows settings, and
: allows me to store the file chosen in a variable for later use...
:
: Can anyone help please?
:
: Carol Chisholm

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen) command button values

2. Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen)

3. Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen)

4. wdDialogFileOpen dialog suppressing macro warning

5. Opening a file using the proprietary application from With Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen)

6. Dialog(wdDialogFileOpen)in wrong directory when using network drive

7. dialogs(wddialogFileOpen)

8. Getting path/filename only from wdDialogFileOpen Dialog

9. Dialogs - wdDialogFileOpen how to get fullpath name?

10. Show and Show Dialog

11. DlgControlId() and Wordbasic Dynamic Dialog functionality equivalents in VBA

12. VB 6.0 Common Dialog Control Equivalent