Why Why Why
Author Message
 Why Why Why

Why is it so difficult to find an easy way to have the user navigate
through different databases in Access.  I would like the user to be able to
create an empty database at runtime and name it whatever they want.  Doesnt
any have an example for download, or does Access have an add-on or
something.  Doesnt most applications require using different databases.

Please help me.   I am in a desparate mode.

Sean Moore

Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Why Why Why

There is a product out call UA Corporate accounting  - they use this
approach.  I am not sure how, but I think they would give you a hint.  You
can also order a demo.  Call 800-895-6607 for more information
--
Dale Dennis Lotts
President

www.knightrider.com
612-489-9600

Quote:
> Why is it so difficult to find an easy way to have the user navigate
> through different databases in Access.  I would like the user to be able
> create an empty database at runtime and name it whatever they want.
Doesnt
> any have an example for download, or does Access have an add-on or
> something.  Doesnt most applications require using different databases.

> Please help me.   I am in a desparate mode.

> Sean Moore

Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Why Why Why

Depends on what you mean by a "database".  If you mean you want to allow
users to create their own complete Access mdb files, well, then a simple
message box telling them to go run their own installation of Access would
suffice :-)
But if you mean to create their own tables, fields, queries, etc for
storage in your running application, then just use VBA, which provides
methods for completely defining and adding new objects to the current mdb
via code (you can even add new code, and then run it, too!).
This is, however, too complex a topic to fully explain here.  Get a good
book on it.
--
Pete B

Quote:
> Why is it so difficult to find an easy way to have the user navigate
> through different databases in Access.  I would like the user to be able
> create an empty database at runtime and name it whatever they want.
Doesnt
> any have an example for download, or does Access have an add-on or
> something.  Doesnt most applications require using different databases.

> Please help me.   I am in a desparate mode.

> Sean Moore

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. why why why why

2. Why why why why?

3. ActiveX wont deploy to Win 2K - why, Why WHY

4. Why, Why, Why!!!!!!!!!!!

5. !Excel/VB: why why why?

6. Why,Why,Why are javabeans completely ignored?

7. VB6 ListView: Why oh why oh why...

8. VB6 ListView: Why oh why oh why...

9. vbObjectError????? Why Why Why???

10. ********* Null + 'String' = Null !!!!!!! why, why, why!!!!!!!!