Launching mail using Powerbuilder and mail session
Author Message
 Launching mail using Powerbuilder and mail session

Hi,

I have this problem where i create a mail using mail
session whereby i will retrieve information from my
program and send the related information to my recipients
via email.

At the same time, i also have a COM object written in VB
which adds some controls into the form.

My problem is that why can't i view my so called 'added
controls' from my COM if i laucnh my mail using this
method. I mean, the mail form does not contain the
controls which my COM suppose to add into.

Is there any known limitation for the mail session method
of launching a mail that resulted in non being able to
load any custom controls into the form ?

If yes, is there any workaround whereby i can still create
a mail with my information set into the mail and also the
controls that are supposed to be added by my COM is
available ?

Any help and advise will be aprreciated

Thanks
TheanKeong

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:16:00 GMT
 Launching mail using Powerbuilder and mail session
By "mail session," I suspect you mean you are using Simple MAPI. It uses a simplified mail form. If you want to use either an Outlook custom form or custom toolbar buttons created with CommandBars, you should use Outlook's objects to create an Outlook MailItem.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi,

> I have this problem where i create a mail using mail
> session whereby i will retrieve information from my
> program and send the related information to my recipients
> via email.

> At the same time, i also have a COM object written in VB
> which adds some controls into the form.

> My problem is that why can't i view my so called 'added
> controls' from my COM if i laucnh my mail using this
> method. I mean, the mail form does not contain the
> controls which my COM suppose to add into.

> Is there any known limitation for the mail session method
> of launching a mail that resulted in non being able to
> load any custom controls into the form ?

> If yes, is there any workaround whereby i can still create
> a mail with my information set into the mail and also the
> controls that are supposed to be added by my COM is
> available ?

> Any help and advise will be aprreciated

> Thanks
> TheanKeong

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:52:33 GMT

1. mail mail mail

2. Mail, mail, mail....

3. Creating a mail using standard e-mail client

4. how to obtain without using CDO programmatically an e-mail address from an incoming e-mail

5. Creating a mail using standard e-mail client

6. Sending mail in RTF whiteout using mail merge?

7. E:Mail via cc:Mail using VB4.0

8. VB Voice Mail using MS Mail

9. Send e-mail using default e-mail client

10. e-mail using the server instead of client e-mail program

11. Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client

12. Sending mail using visual basic to Internet mail addresses