Create custom task items for another user
Author Message
 Create custom task items for another user

Hi

   I am trying to create task items based on a custom form of mine
(IPM.Task.Asst)for all users in my org. ... Can i achieve this using CDO
1.21 alone or do i need to use OOM also. I am using Exchange 2000 server
with AD on a Win2k server. My custom task form is in the form of an
oft.

  Is there any sample code someone can help me with ?? I checked cdolive
but i could not find any sample for adding custom items to MAPI folders
for other users.

  So far I have tried using the second method using CDO and OOM
(CreateITemfromTemplate()) but I am stuck in a couple of places as
indicated below ...

' create the mapi session oject using the admin profile
    profile ="Admin"
    Set objCDO = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
    objCDO .Logon , , False, True, Profileinfo:=ExchangeServer
& vbLf & CStr(profile)

    ' create the outlook application object
    Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

    'get the MAPI namespace and login as the user who gets
the new task
    Set objNS = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
(the above line cause Outlook to be invoked !! IS this normal ?? I do
not want outlook to be invoked . Is there any workaround for
initializing the namespace ?? )

    objNS.Logon (i do not know the profile name as this process would
run on the e2k server and not on the client and i do not want to
hardcode a profile name here !) . How do I then logon to Outlook session
??

    I am stuck in the above steps.

    Is this the right approach to create task items programmatically as
an admin ?? Please advise.

TIA,
  Vanitha.

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 03:08:19 GMT
 Create custom task items for another user
Can i make Outlook use an existing CDO session and not load the default
profile, programmatically (dynamic profiles) ??

TIA,
   Vanitha.

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 04:48:06 GMT

1. Error creating a new custom task item

2. How to Create Task Item in Someone Else's Task Folder

3. Is it possible to create custom Task Panes?

4. Creating New Task Item - VBScript

5. create an e-mail mailing from a folder containing tasks items

6. Creating Task items

7. Activate Remeberfunction in created Task-Item

8. create task item for self

9. Creating custom items by code

10. How to Create New Custom Outlook Objects/Item

11. Help::Custom Field in programmatically creating new item

12. help with creating a vba custom menu item?