Connect Access Forms to SQL Server DB
Author Message
 Connect Access Forms to SQL Server DB

I am able to link my Access DB to one of the tables in a
SQl Server DB that resides on the network fine (without
any code involved). On one of my forms, I have a drop-down
list which displays the contents of this linked SQL Server
table. However, when I close the Access DB, and then open
it again, the drop-down list on my form won't display the
data from the linked SQL Server table because it says the
table can't be found (although I can see the linked
table).

Is there any way, through code, that I can set the
connection to this linked table everytime the Access form
loads up?

Thanks,

Dar

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 04:04:36 GMT

1. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

2. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

3. sql server connect. Migration Access->sql server

4. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

5. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

6. Connect to 2 different SQL Server 6.5 db

7. Can't get other users to connect to SQL Server 7.0 DB

8. Can't get other users to connect to SQL Server 7.0 DB

9. access data directly to db server which is not directly connect to Internet

10. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

11. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

12. connecting to SQL Server from an Outlook Form