Flashing Documents with FORM Fields
Author Message
 Flashing Documents with FORM Fields

The document I am using has alot of FORM Fields on it that I am filling from
Database calls.  It seems that everytime one of the fields are populated,
the screen "flashes" or refreshes - Since I am poplulating alot of fields,
you can guess how anoying this is.  Is there a way to stop this or is Word
really "refreshing the screen" everytime one of the FORM Fields are filled.

Thanks in advance for any help

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:50:55 GMT
 Flashing Documents with FORM Fields
Hi Scott,

Have you tried:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'<Code with database calls>
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Krgrds,
Perry

Quote:
> The document I am using has alot of FORM Fields on it that I am filling
from
> Database calls.  It seems that everytime one of the fields are populated,
> the screen "flashes" or refreshes - Since I am poplulating alot of fields,
> you can guess how anoying this is.  Is there a way to stop this or is Word
> really "refreshing the screen" everytime one of the FORM Fields are
filled.

> Thanks in advance for any help

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:27:48 GMT

1. Problem when unprotecting a document with form field text fields

2. URGENT: Error when assigning long strings to Form Fields in a protected Word document

3. Maitaining form field info when unprotecting and reprotecting a document

4. Uning Form Fields and the Track Changes feature in the same document

5. Converting text before placing in document (from form field)

6. Need help w/Protected document with form text fields and check boxes

7. Popup form fields in document

8. getting text from form field into another document

9. Repost: Stop up\down cursor keys moving between (text) form fields in a protected document

10. Form Fields In Document Without Bookmarks?

11. Reference form fields between separate documents?

12. Get document Forms/Fields data