rst.delete, with cascade delete???
Author Message
 rst.delete, with cascade delete???

Access 97

Folks,

If I use the rst.Delete option instead of .RunCommand option will cascade
delete still work?

Thanks,
Fred

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:51:11 GMT
 rst.delete, with cascade delete???
HI,

Yes, if a relation is configured to do so. It is a database level
enforcement, so, anything on top has to "speak" to it and to be served by
it.

Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:
> Access 97

> Folks,

> If I use the rst.Delete option instead of .RunCommand option will cascade
> delete still work?

> Thanks,
> Fred

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:55:50 GMT
 rst.delete, with cascade delete???
Thanks,
Fred

Quote:
> HI,

> Yes, if a relation is configured to do so. It is a database level
> enforcement, so, anything on top has to "speak" to it and to be served by
> it.

> Vanderghast, Access MVP

> > Access 97

> > Folks,

> > If I use the rst.Delete option instead of .RunCommand option will
cascade
> > delete still work?

> > Thanks,
> > Fred

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:14:43 GMT

1. SQL delete query deletes but does not delete

2. Controlling Cascading Deletes

3. Acc97: Turning off Cascading Deletes via program code

4. Acc97: Turing off cascading deletes via program code

5. using SQL to set cascade delete

6. Accidental Cascade Delete: Data Recovery Procedures, please

7. Cascading Delete Error - Need Help!

8. Trapping Cascade Delete Error

9. Cascading Delete for Recursive Relationship

10. How to Trap Cascade Delete Errors from Jet Engine

11. Cascading Delete Help

12. cascade delete