Task Pane
Author Message
 Task Pane

Hi,

In what way can I modify the task pane in Word XP using
VBA?

/ Ulf

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:19:46 GMT
 Task Pane
Hi Ulf,

Quote:
> In what way can I modify the task pane in Word XP using
> VBA?

What kind of thing do you have in mind? The only task panes
that can be altered - in a very limited way - are the New
taskpane and the Mail Merge Wizard task panes.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jan 24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:59:30 GMT
 Task Pane
Hi Cindy,

We have a lot of templates and I was thinking of putting
the last used templates on the task pane. Is that
possible?

/ Ulf

Quote:

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:15:22 GMT
 Task Pane
Hi Ulf,

Sorry about the delayed reply. Had to replace the machine's
motherboard, reformat, reinstall... and have been playing
catchup for the last couple of weeks.

Quote:
> We have a lot of templates and I was thinking of putting
> the last used templates on the task pane. Is that
> possible?

Actually, i think Word should be doing this on its own.
You might want to see the information in this KB article:

HOW TO: Edit the Most Recently Used Template List in Word
2002 [Q288353]

And take a look at the Application.NewDocument.Add
(Filename,msoFileNewSection, DisplayName, msoFileNewAction)
method. Here's a brief description of the parameters
(copied from another message, a long time back):

"Application.NewDocument.Add (Filename, msoFileNewSection,
DisplayName,msoFileNewAction)
Filename is a string in quotes that takes a URL. If you
chose Filename, when you click on the link, it would open
the file. Filename is required.

msoFileNewSection is an enum and it can take the values:
msoOpenDocument
(Open section of the Getting Started task pane), msoNew
(New section for the File New task pane),
msoNewfromTemplate (Template section for the File New
task pane), msoNewfromExistingFile (Recent Templates
section for the File New task pane), msoBottomSection (Very
bottom of the File New task pane)

DisplayName is the name of the string in quotes that shows
up in the workpane.

msoFileNewAction is an enum and it has the values
msoEditFile (open in native app),  msoCreateNewFile (uses
the file as a template for a new document), msoOpenFile
(open in IE, typically used for hyperlinks, you can
also open folders this way)"

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jan 24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:05:27 GMT

1. Adding item to task pane

2. Editing the "Task Pane"

3. Is it possible to create custom Task Panes?

4. Custom Task Pane

5. Customize Task Pane

6. Custom Task Pane

7. Task Pane