Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New
Author Message
 Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New

Hi Geoff,

How about providing us with some more information, like which version of
Word, some of the code you're using etc?

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Has anybody come across this kind of error, and what
> could be causing it? I'm calling the Display method of
> the built-in dialog FileNew, and it's creating a new file
> after the user clicks OK, instead of waiting for the
> Execute method to be called, like it's supposed to.

> Regards,

> Geoff

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:16:31 GMT
 Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New
Hi Astrid,

I'm using Word XP, and the only unusual thing I can think
of about the code that I'm using is that it's being
called by a third-party DLL that was designed for 2000
rather than XP. Possibly that is causing automation
errors because it's using outdated GUIDs, or has some
other kind of incompatibility. In that case, I might only
be able to write a few hacks to keep the code going until
we get the next build of the DLL.

Regards,

Geoff

Quote:

schreef in bericht

>> Has anybody come across this kind of error, and what
>> could be causing it? I'm calling the Display method of
>> the built-in dialog FileNew, and it's creating a new
file
>> after the user clicks OK, instead of waiting for the
>> Execute method to be called, like it's supposed to.

>> Regards,

>> Geoff

>.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:28:59 GMT
 Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New
News flash: I can reproduce the error on a machine with
no third-party DLLs on it. It just seems to be a part of
the XP setup, although I have no idea why.

Quote:

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:47:54 GMT
 Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New
Hi Geoff

Do you get the same problem on built-in dialogs in general or just that one?

Regards

Dave

| News flash: I can reproduce the error on a machine with
| no third-party DLLs on it. It just seems to be a part of
| the XP setup, although I have no idea why.

Quote:

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:52:14 GMT
 Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New
Hi Dave,

I get the problem only on that built-in dialog, i.e. I
tried to use the Display method with the FileOpen dialog,
and it worked perfectly, although I have not tried the
display method with all the different kinds of dialogs,
as yet.

Regards,

Geoff

Quote:

in message

>| News flash: I can reproduce the error on a machine with
>| no third-party DLLs on it. It just seems to be a part
of
>| the XP setup, although I have no idea why.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:23:16 GMT
 Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New
Hi Geoff,

Perhaps as a work-around, you could use

    Application.Dialogs(1116).Display

That's the dialog you get when you run WordBasic.FileNewDialog.

I have no idea if or how this might be different from
    Application.Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Display
but perhaps it's worth a try...

Greetings, Klaus

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:55:58 GMT
 Display method acting as Show method on built-in dialog File New
Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your suggestion--unfortunately, this display
method also does not work.

I'm still workin' on it...

Geoff

Quote:

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:23:00 GMT

1. WD2002: FileNew dialog Display method creates file when user clicks OK

2. Method to show Save As dialog box

3. PRB: Common Dialog Control (SP3) Show Fonts Method

4. kyduke(kyduke@yahoo.com)'s New Logic - New sorting, New paging method

5. VBA & Act 2000 - TriggerActivitiesSeries Method

6. Method to trap error and act accordingly

7. Need method to make listbox act like dropdown on combo

8. Using the FileOpen dialog to find a file to open so I can use ReadLine method

9. Class method names same as built-in functions?

10. DevStudio Object Model (Build and RebuildAll methods)

11. Naming for class methods conflicts with built-in vb functions (month/date)

12. Problems Displaying Built-in Dialog Box