Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP
Author Message
 Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP

I am currently running a utility that uses getobject
(,"outlook.application") to get the current outlook
application in Win 2000. However, when I move this
application over to XP i get the Run-time error 48 Error
in loading DLL error on that line. The error log shows the
code executing up until this statement. Is there anything
different in XP that would be causing this issue. The
current system is running Office 2000 and the new system
is running Office XP.

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:25:38 GMT
 Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP
I'm not sure about GetObject in WinXP but why not use CreateObject
instead? You would only end up with one instance of Outlook, since it
will reuse any existing instance.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> I am currently running a utility that uses getobject
> (,"outlook.application") to get the current outlook
> application in Win 2000. However, when I move this
> application over to XP i get the Run-time error 48 Error
> in loading DLL error on that line. The error log shows the
> code executing up until this statement. Is there anything
> different in XP that would be causing this issue. The
> current system is running Office 2000 and the new system
> is running Office XP.

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:45:54 GMT
 Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP
The error happens on both createobject and getobject. I
wrote some quick test code as follows to see if it was
something in the original utility or something with XP.
This works fine using Windows NT and Outlook 2000.
However, when I run the executable on XP with Outlook 2002
I get the 'Run-time error '48':      "Error in loading
DLL"' issue.
####Option Explicit

Dim olapp As Outlook.Application
Dim tempxmsg As Outlook.MailItem
Dim myoutbox As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim mysentitems As Outlook.MAPIFolder

Private Sub Form_Load()
On Error GoTo nooutlook
Set olapp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
MsgBox "Got object"
Set olapp = Nothing
Exit Sub
nooutlook:
Set olapp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set olapp = Nothing
MsgBox "created object"
End Sub

####

Quote:

Press
>Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox
Press
>Attachment Options
>http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
>Extended Reminders
>http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

>> I am currently running a utility that uses getobject
>> (,"outlook.application") to get the current outlook
>> application in Win 2000. However, when I move this
>> application over to XP i get the Run-time error 48 Error
>> in loading DLL error on that line. The error log shows
the
>> code executing up until this statement. Is there
anything
>> different in XP that would be causing this issue. The
>> current system is running Office 2000 and the new system
>> is running Office XP.

>.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 05:59:49 GMT
 Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP
Then something is wrong with your Windows XP setup. I use CreateObject
on Windows XP with no errors. Do you have another Windows XP machine
you can test on?

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
Extended Reminders
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

Quote:
> The error happens on both createobject and getobject. I
> wrote some quick test code as follows to see if it was
> something in the original utility or something with XP.
> This works fine using Windows NT and Outlook 2000.
> However, when I run the executable on XP with Outlook 2002
> I get the 'Run-time error '48':      "Error in loading
> DLL"' issue.
> ####Option Explicit

> Dim olapp As Outlook.Application
> Dim tempxmsg As Outlook.MailItem
> Dim myoutbox As Outlook.MAPIFolder
> Dim mysentitems As Outlook.MAPIFolder

> Private Sub Form_Load()
> On Error GoTo nooutlook
> Set olapp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
> MsgBox "Got object"
> Set olapp = Nothing
> Exit Sub
> nooutlook:
> Set olapp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> Set olapp = Nothing
> MsgBox "created object"
> End Sub

> ####

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:03:13 GMT
 Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP
Could this be a rights problem on the XP machine? I am
after all in a corporate environment. I ran it at home on
XP Pro and had no major problems.
Quote:

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:54:24 GMT
 Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP
It possibly could be a permissions problem. Check with your
administrator.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
Extended Reminders
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

Quote:
> Could this be a rights problem on the XP machine? I am
> after all in a corporate environment. I ran it at home on
> XP Pro and had no major problems.

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:48:35 GMT
 Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP
Turns out it was a rights issue. Once they were given
admin rights to their machine the code could execute. Only
problem now is that the icon is unreachable in the system
tray. Which means I can't get it to open for option
changes. That I have to look into a little more though.
Thanks for your help Ken.

Quote:

Mon, 02 May 2005 02:12:11 GMT

1. Run time error (48) in loading DLL after installing a distribution

2. runtime error 48 error loading DLL

3. Runtime error 48 - error loading .DLL

4. Runtime Error 48 - Error in Loading DLL

5. Error in loading DLL (Error 48)

6. Error 48: Error Loading DLL

7. Error 48: Error in Loading DLL

8. Error 48: Error in loading Dll.