Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Author Message
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms

Hello:

Has anyone been able to set code behind userforms to Option Base 1?

I can not figure it out.  I am not sure it can be done.  Just want
confirmation before I go and recode my modules back to option base 0
for conformity.

Thank you,

George

p.s.:  I hope Deja stays up a little longer this time, heh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Hi George

Quote:
> Has anyone been able to set code behind userforms to Option Base 1?

Seems to work fine on my system. I tested using the following code:

    Dim x() As String

    ReDim x(3)
    x(1) = "a"
    x(2) = "b"
    x(3) = "c"
    For counter = LBound(x) To UBound(x)
        Debug.Print counter, x(counter)
    Next

The Help does mention Option Base 1 will NOT have any effect on arrays
created using ParamArray or the Array function, if the helps...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Cindy:

Thanks for your time!

I tried your piece in some code behind a userform object and I still
get the existence of x(0) as null.

This is more out of curiousity and the desire to write tight code.

I do not think there is a way to specify option base 1 in code behind
forms.  So I will recode my module procedures to Option Base 0.  I have
some static arrays that I defined to start at (1) instead of using
lbound.  I'll just re-write my code to be not option base dependent :)

The option base doesn't materially effect arrays as long as one codes
off of lbound and ubound; but when I do matrix math, it is to
cumbersome to always offset from the lbound or ubound and easier to
address the elements directly.  The math doesn't change, but the column
and row count can be inflated by one (option base 1 to option base 0),
and if one is not careful, this will throw off results.  This is a bit
esoteric, but that's just the type of guy I am, heh.

Once again, thanks for looking into this!

George

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Quote:
> I do not think there is a way to specify option base 1 in code behind
> forms.

All I can do is reiterate that it worked just fine for me, declaring it
in a UserForm module...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Me too.
---
Alyda

Quote:
> > I do not think there is a way to specify option base 1 in code behind
> > forms.

> All I can do is reiterate that it worked just fine for me, declaring it
> in a UserForm module...

> Cindy Meister
> INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister
> http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

> This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question
> or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Quote:
> Me too.

Always nice to know one is not alone <BG>

    Cindy

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Cindy, Alyda:

One last question if I may, did you upgrade to SR1 or SR1a?

Thanks,

George

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 No Option Base 1 in Forms
Quote:
> One last question if I may, did you upgrade to SR1 or SR1a?

Under Word 2000, no. It hasn't been in my MSDN package (International),
yet...

    -- Cindy

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why do Option Buttons of Word 2000 printed on PS printers have a black square

2. Synonym Option Missing on Right-Click Menu in Word 2000

3. Why do Option Buttons of Word 2000 printed on PS printers have a black square

4. Word 2000 forms in Word 97

5. modifying form options in one field based on another

6. Validation with Forms in Word 2000

7. Passing data to Forms in Word 2000

8. Word 2000 Forms deployment

9. Word 2000 Form