Excel modules and forms disappear
Author Message
 Excel modules and forms disappear

Hi,

we have the following problem:

We have developed some forms and modules in Excel 2000, and when we
transfer the spreadsheet file to another computer and open it in Excel
2000 or 2002 they do not appear anymore. What is going on? We must be
making a stupid mistake, but I cannot find any information on the web or in
the VBA help file why this is happening? We have tried different levels
of macro security, and it does not make a difference.

Thanks for any help!!

Cheers,

Dirk

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 17:32:56 GMT
 Excel modules and forms disappear
Could the forms and modules have been stored in an Excel template somewhere
and simply referenced by the workbook you moved?  On the machine that works
in the VBA Editor, how many top-level projects do you see?

Thanks,
Joel Alley

Of course, this posting wouldnt be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided AS IS with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:15:32 GMT
 Excel modules and forms disappear
Hi,

we have actually resolved it, and it turns out that the security (virus
scanner) on our Exchange Server must always have done this. It
always happened, when our programmer sent us 'updated' files
of our spreadsheet. It is absolutely infuriating, since there was not even
a message added to the e-mail with the attachment which indicated
that the file had been changed.

Dirk

Quote:
> Could the forms and modules have been stored in an Excel template
somewhere
> and simply referenced by the workbook you moved?  On the machine that
works
> in the VBA Editor, how many top-level projects do you see?

> Thanks,
> Joel Alley

> Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
> disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
> warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ?
2002
> Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:12:07 GMT

1. Module not found - Database disappeared

2. Module not found - Database disappeared !

3. Disappearing Code from Modules in Access 7.0

4. Modules disappear in Access 95

5. Use of Excel functions in visual basic functions in excel module

6. Passing input box value from Form Module to report module

7. vb4: bas modules and form modules

8. Q: Code Module vs UserControl (Form, Class) module.

9. Q: Code Module vs UserControl (Form, Class) module.

10. Q: Code Module vs UserControl (Form, Class) module.

11. Make OLE Excel Cell Borders disappear?

12. Pass variable form module to a form