Fax, e-mail and web solution using Word 2000
Author Message
 Fax, e-mail and web solution using Word 2000

Jacques:
I don't know ZetaFax so I can only couch my response in general terms. Also if
any of the following falls into the category of "The Bleeding Obvious" ((c)
Basil Fawlty) it is not a slight it is just that sometimes we overlook "TBO" in
our haste.

(1) Have you printed out the scanned images outside of Word and checked that
they are OK. I have never had a problem faxing an image scanned on a HP scanner
using "Fax Fine" resolution (200dpi from memory).

(2) Have you printed the image once it has been inserted into Word? I can't
think of why the image would deteriorate but I have been surprised before
(Inserting into too small a frame possibly??)

(3) When you say "...send to ZetaFax..." do you mean actually sending the fax or
just previewing it? The "fax preview" mode on all fax packages I have used show
really terrible images but when they are received at the target fax machine they
have excellent clarity. Try a test fax to a local machine and see what it looks
like.

Aside from that I can't help. It is possible that one of the gurus in this ng
may know of a "feature" which causes an inserted image to deteriorate but I
can't think of one.

hth
Grant Cartledge

Quote:

> Hi there! I have been given a project in which I have to automate the
> process of sending information to our clients. This can be either fax,
> e-mail or web. I chose MSWord 2000 because it can convert and manage all
> three options. Part of our business is to send clients scanned in immages of
> newspaper clippings... this is the point that I am at now. I have managed to
> insert the image programmatically into word, but when I send it to
> Zetafax(the fax software used) the image is badly deteriorated. How can I
> drammatically improve the quality of these images. (We use Hewlett Packard
> scanners, Office 2000 & 97, Zetafax)

> Thanks for the time
> Jacques

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automating email function within Word 2000 using Access 2000

2. Unable to send faxes using Windows 2000 Faxing service

3. How do you send Outlook 2000 email using WORD 97 VBA Macro

4. Mailing Labels Using Word 2000 & VB 6

5. Word 2000 Mail merge using Outlook address book

6. send email using system.web.mail

7. Word Fax Wizard not working in Windows 2000

8. fax-emails no Mail.Item?

9. Creating a Word.Application object using Word 2000

10. Updateing email address in a word 2000 document from VBA

11. Sending email via Outlook from word 97/2000

12. Mail Merge word/access 2000