ACC2000: DLookup() specifications
Author Message
 ACC2000: DLookup() specifications

I am attempting to pass to method DLookUp() as criteria, a
data type with field size = ReplicationID

the character string '?????' is being returned.

this field is currently the primary key for its host table
and converting to another field size would be problematic.

suggestions??

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 03:45:30 GMT
 ACC2000: DLookup() specifications
I'm not quite sure whether you are trying to return the Replication ID or use it
in the critiera statement.

You may need to use StringFromGUID or its converse GUIDFromString to get a
"Readable" value

Here is a test function I used to get a readable value on some data I have that
uses replication id.

Public Function fTestLookup()
Dim varReturn As Variant
Dim varString As Variant

   varReturn = DLookup("StringfromGUID(fldAdminElementRid)", _
       "tblEPSDTAdminElements", _
       "fldAdminElementName= ""Back up generator"" ")

   varReturn = DLookup("fldAdminElementName", _
              "tblEPSDTAdminElements", _
              "StringfromGUID(fldAdminElementRid) = """ & (varReturn) & """")

End Function

Quote:

> I am attempting to pass to method DLookUp() as criteria, a
> data type with field size = ReplicationID

> the character string '?????' is being returned.

> this field is currently the primary key for its host table
> and converting to another field size would be problematic.

> suggestions??

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 04:09:04 GMT

1. Parsing Dates to Functions in Acc2000 - Bug??

2. create DB in acc2000 and open in acc97

3. How can I maximize ACC2000 database window

4. Acc2000 send a outlook message - query problem

5. Acc2000 Send a outlook message problem

6. update on no - acc2000/win98

7. report of profit and loss account - acc2000/win98

8. ACC2000 and Outlook interaction

9. Access ACC2000:Error Message: Error Accessing File

10. Automation from Acc2000 to Excel2000 in Win2000 does not allow me to Exit Access

11. ACC2000:Run Time Error '13': Type Mismatch

12. Acc2000 CopyObject fails