.ldb not closing when .mdb is closed
Author Message
 .ldb not closing when .mdb is closed

Hi

I have a mdb that is opened via script on a server.  when the mdb opens, the
startup form runs code that imports a text file, for use in another mdb.
the timer event is set to 60 secs (which is way more time than needed to do
the import), and at the end of the 60 secs, the application.quit command is
executed.  when I open this mdb from any client, it runs, imports, times
out, and closes fine.  when it is called from script, it runs, imports,
times out, and closes the mdb, but the ldb (locking file) remains open.  I
did not write the script, so I can not tell you what the specifics are.  I
know that the writer used a command line similar to
c:\Microsoft\office\msaccess.exe <filename>.mdb

can anyone help me.  its got me baffled.

Cheryl W.

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:03:58 GMT

1. Opening .mdb that was not properly closed

2. VBA Project does not close when workbook is closed

3. Form does not close from the UpperRight X Close button

4. After closing my application, Task is active an will not close

5. window.close closes webbrowser but not the form itself

6. To Close or Not to Close that ...

7. Form Close Button Does Not Close the Form

8. window.close closes Webbrowser but not the form itself

9. Do not close form on clicking close button in Visual Basic

10. window.close closes Webbrowser but not the form itself

11. window.close closes Webbrowser but not the form itself

12. To close or not to close