OLE DB Session Object missing - not with SQL Provider
Author Message
 OLE DB Session Object missing - not with SQL Provider

I am trying to display data in an Excel workbook by querying a SQL Server
Quote:
> database via it's OLE db provider.

> I connect to the database this way -

> cn.Provider = "sqloledb" 'The type of connection Provider
> cn.Properties("Data Source").Value = "server"
> cn.Properties("Initial Catalog") = "db"
> cn.Properties("Integrated Security").Value = "SSPI"

> Then I try to return a recordset this way -

> ocmd.ActiveConnection = cn
> ocmd.CommandTimeout = 300
> ocmd.CommandText = sql
> ocmd.CommandType = adCmdText
> Set rs = ocmd.Execute()

> It gives me an error at ocmd.ActiveConnection = cn - saying "Requested
> operation requires an OLE DB Session object, which is not supported by the
> current provider."

> Help!

> Stephanie

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:47:56 GMT

1. ODBC provider vs MS SQL provider (OLE DB)

2. OLE DB Provider for ODBC Missing

3. OLE DB .NET Data Provider - Connection object

4. OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Message and COM Message

5. Timeout expired, [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server]

6. OLE DB provider not available?

7. About nested transation of OLE DB provider of Sql server

8. ADO 2.5 Sql Server Ole Db Provider and Memory Loss

9. Informix OLE DB Provider not function properley ??

10. Error: 2147467259 was generated by MS OLE DB provider for SQL Server DBNETYLIB ConnectionWrite(send())

11. Create Jet 3.5x DB with OLE DB Provider 4.0

12. Inserting embedded OLE objects into DB w/ SQL?