File Upload
Author Message
 File Upload

Hello

The database I have developed needs to store the location of product images
in the products table.  On the Products Form, I want to allow the user
browse to a file on their hard disk, (or network).  The path to the file
they selected is then storeed in the field.  When the form is closed, the
file will be copied from the specified location to a directory under where
the database resides and the path updated accordingly.  I think this is all
straight forward, except I cannot find out how to produce a Select File
dialogue box and get the selected file returned as a string.

Any ideas?

MTIA

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:44:54 GMT
 File Upload
David,
See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q96/1/14.asp
and
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q147/7/81.asp
The MS sample databases also have good (but convoluted) examples.
Search code for "comdlg32.dll"

Hope this helps,
Jeff Davies

Quote:
> Hello

> The database I have developed needs to store the location of product
images
> in the products table.  On the Products Form, I want to allow the user
> browse to a file on their hard disk, (or network).  The path to the file
> they selected is then storeed in the field.  When the form is closed, the
> file will be copied from the specified location to a directory under where
> the database resides and the path updated accordingly.  I think this is
all
> straight forward, except I cannot find out how to produce a Select File
> dialogue box and get the selected file returned as a string.

> Any ideas?

> MTIA

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:22:44 GMT
 File Upload
See

[ http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm ]

  -- Dev

Quote:

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:23:23 GMT

1. Datei Upload per HTTP / File upload via HTTP

2. File upload from VB 6 to ASP file using http form post

3. VBA File Uploads and Access

4. Help - File upload

5. file upload with problems

6. Determining when FTP server file Upload complete

7. File upload from a vb.net client to a webserver

8. File Upload Flash Screen??

9. File Upload / objFile.Write problem

10. file upload component

11. Automatic file upload