Documentation for COMCTL32.OCX (Microsoft Windows Common Controls)?
Author Message
 Documentation for COMCTL32.OCX (Microsoft Windows Common Controls)?

Dear Access and Visual Basic users:

Where can I get documentation for ActiveX controls?  Apparently Access
along with other applications install ActiveX controls, such as the
Microsoft Windows Common Controls (comctl32.ocx).  I use the Mid()
function from comctl32.ocx in my access application.  Where do I find
out what other functions are available in this control?  There are
many other libraries and ActiveX controls on the computer, such as the
Visual Basic for Applications (vbaen32.olb).  I'd like to find out if
there are any functions in this library that I, as a developer, can
use for my Access applications.  But where do I go for documentation
for these controls?

Many thanks for your help

Rudi Hiebert
Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York University Medical Center
New York, New York

Wed, 07 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Documentation for COMCTL32.OCX (Microsoft Windows Common Controls)?
You can find references to the Microsoft ActiveX controls if you get a good
Visual Basic 5/6 book.  In fact if you can find a copy of VB5, the manual
that you get have detailed instructions on the syntax of these components.
Or, if you just want the skinny on these controls, find someone with VB5
and take a good look at their help file.

Quote:
> Dear Access and Visual Basic users:

> Where can I get documentation for ActiveX controls?  Apparently Access
> along with other applications install ActiveX controls, such as the
> Microsoft Windows Common Controls (comctl32.ocx).  I use the Mid()
> function from comctl32.ocx in my access application.  Where do I find
> out what other functions are available in this control?  There are
> many other libraries and ActiveX controls on the computer, such as the
> Visual Basic for Applications (vbaen32.olb).  I'd like to find out if
> there are any functions in this library that I, as a developer, can
> use for my Access applications.  But where do I go for documentation
> for these controls?

> Many thanks for your help

> Rudi Hiebert
> Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York University Medical Center
> New York, New York

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Documentation for COMCTL32.OCX (Microsoft Windows Common Controls)?
Actually, MID in particular is part of VBA library.  You can check this by
using the Object Browser.

AFA the OCX documentation is concerned, you can try the MSDN or the
accompanying docs.  Other than that I don't know of any place.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:Dear Access and Visual Basic users:
:
[...]

1. TABSTRIP control from MICROSOFT WINDOWS COMMON CONTROLSv5.0 (SF2)

2. ImageList tool in Microsoft Windows Common Controls

3. Microsoft windows common controls 5.0

4. About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

5. Q: About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

6. Microsoft Windows Common Control problem

7. Microsoft Windows Common Controls

8. Microsoft Windows Common Control problem

9. Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 Error

10. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

11. Problem with Microsoft Windows Common Controls - bug

12. Microsoft VB5 problem loading comctl32.ocx