Excel Automation (illegal operation)
Author Message
 Excel Automation (illegal operation)

Howdy all..
I have a strange situation.

When creating a new excel spreadsheet from access via automation the
following occurs.

If a new instance of excel is initiated for the automation and it contains
only the new workbook..   if the users closes the workbook (not excel) a
illegal operation occurs in the excel executable and excel is closed.  Note
that this does not occur if excel has any other worksheets open or if the
user closes excel (not just the worksheet).

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Dave Stewart

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel Automation (illegal operation)
Howdy all..
I have a strange situation.

When creating a new excel spreadsheet from access via automation the
following occurs.

If a new instance of excel is initiated for the automation and it contains
only the new workbook..   if the users closes the workbook (not excel) a
illegal operation occurs in the excel executable and excel is closed.  Note
that this does not occur if excel has any other worksheets open or if the
user closes excel (not just the worksheet).

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Dave Stewart

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel Automation (illegal operation)
It maybe something peculiar with this machine. I haven't come across any
such problems.  Have you been able to repro the problem on another pc?

 -- Dev

Quote:

>Howdy all..
>I have a strange situation.

>When creating a new excel spreadsheet from access via automation the
>following occurs.

>If a new instance of excel is initiated for the automation and it contains
>only the new workbook..   if the users closes the workbook (not excel) a
>illegal operation occurs in the excel executable and excel is closed.  Note
>that this does not occur if excel has any other worksheets open or if the
>user closes excel (not just the worksheet).

>Any ideas would be appreciated!

>Dave Stewart

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Illegal operation after running Excel macro

2. Excel 97 illegal operation

3. Illegal operation printing embedded Excel chart

4. Illegal Operation using Excel 8.0 Objects from a VB application

5. Illegal Operation

6. Global MenuBar causes illegal operation in Runtime

7. Illegal Operation - Access Will Shut Down (why?)

8. illegal Operation reading txt file str ?

9. Windows illegal operation

10. OrganizerCopy Method causing illegal operation stop

11. Cancel button gets Illegal operation error--Word 97

12. IE illegal operation after installation of Vb Package