storing data in a word doc
Author Message
 storing data in a word doc

hi,

i'm looking for a nice way to store some data permanently in a word
dokument, invisible for the user

i'd actually like to store a lot of variables from my VBA code

any suggestions for how i could do that ?

the data must be available even after closing the doc and reopening it

best regards philip

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:49:41 GMT
 storing data in a word doc
Hi Philip,

You can use document Variables to do this. Look up "Variables collection
object" in Word VBA Help.

--
Hope this helps.
ibby

Please post replies or follow-ups to the **newsgroup** so that participants
may benefit or contribute.

Quote:
> hi,

> i'm looking for a nice way to store some data permanently in a word
> dokument, invisible for the user

> i'd actually like to store a lot of variables from my vba code

> any suggestions for how i could do that ?

> the data must be available even after closing the doc and reopening it

> best regards philip

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:02:45 GMT
 storing data in a word doc

Quote:

> Hi Philip,

> You can use document Variables to do this. Look up "Variables collection
> object" in Word VBA Help.

this helps, well, at least a little :)

it would be even mor helpfull if i could store objects or, at least
variables with my own variable type in it ...

any suggestions for this ?

-ph-

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:59:44 GMT
 storing data in a word doc

Quote:
> > You can use document Variables to do this. Look up "Variables collection
> > object" in Word VBA Help.

> this helps, well, at least a little :)

> it would be even mor helpfull if i could store objects or, at least
> variables with my own variable type in it ...

> any suggestions for this ?

AutoText - but I don't *think* you can make these invisible to the user.

--
Hope this helps.
ibby

Please post replies or follow-ups to the **newsgroup** so that participants
may benefit or contribute.

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:22:32 GMT
 storing data in a word doc

Quote:

> > > You can use document Variables to do this. Look up "Variables collection
> > > object" in Word VBA Help.

> > this helps, well, at least a little :)

> > it would be even mor helpfull if i could store objects or, at least
> > variables with my own variable type in it ...

> > any suggestions for this ?

> AutoText - but I don't *think* you can make these invisible to the user.

i have really no idea what you mean with that, could you please be kind
enough to explain that any further ?

i'm really desperate to store whole objects in my doc

best regards philip

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:21:14 GMT
 storing data in a word doc
You could create a seperate section, set it hidden and protect it. Then you'd be
able to unprotect it programatically, make it temporary visible and read/store
anything you can put in a normal Word document.

Svein

Quote:
> > > You can use document Variables to do this. Look up "Variables collection
> > > object" in Word VBA Help.

> > this helps, well, at least a little :)

> > it would be even mor helpfull if i could store objects or, at least
> > variables with my own variable type in it ...

> > any suggestions for this ?

> AutoText - but I don't *think* you can make these invisible to the user.

i have really no idea what you mean with that, could you please be kind
enough to explain that any further ?

i'm really desperate to store whole objects in my doc

best regards philip
.

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:11:47 GMT
 storing data in a word doc

Quote:

> You could create a seperate section, set it hidden and protect it. Then you'd be
> able to unprotect it programatically, make it temporary visible and read/store
> anything you can put in a normal Word document.

> Svein

thats a nice idea too, but still not what i want
i'd rather use document variables than this one to be frank

right now i'm looking for a way to store a whole object in the document

sigh...

-ph-

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:11:47 GMT
 storing data in a word doc
What kind of object?

Many word objects can be put in AutoText. This includes graphics, fields,
tables as well as text. If you can have two separate files, you could store
your objects as AutoText in a separate template (Template2). Use code in
your main template to load said Template2 as an Add-In. Then you can access
any of the AutoText entries in your code and manipulate them as you wish.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://www.addbalance.com/word

Legal Users' Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented)
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:

> > > this helps, well, at least a little :)

> > > it would be even mor helpfull if i could store objects or, at least
> > > variables with my own variable type in it ...

> > > any suggestions for this ?

> > AutoText - but I don't *think* you can make these invisible to the user.

> i have really no idea what you mean with that, could you please be kind
> enough to explain that any further ?

> i'm really desperate to store whole objects in my doc

> best regards philip

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:55:20 GMT
 storing data in a word doc

Quote:

> What kind of object?

> Many word objects can be put in AutoText. This includes graphics, fields,
> tables as well as text. If you can have two separate files, you could store
> your objects as AutoText in a separate template (Template2). Use code in
> your main template to load said Template2 as an Add-In. Then you can access
> any of the AutoText entries in your code and manipulate them as you wish.

my very own objects, i've written my own class file -> no native word
stuff ....

-ph-

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:51:45 GMT

1. Opening a Word Doc from Access with File Name Stored in a Table

2. Getting Data From MS Word Doc

3. Data from Oracle into Word Doc via VBA

4. Formatting the data in Word DOC

5. Insert Form Data into Word Doc / template

6. Binding data to a word doc with VB

7. Data into Word doc attempt

8. Data into Word doc

9. Data Report in vb 6.0: Word doc

10. help merging data file with word doc using vbscript

11. how do i merge a data file with word doc

12. Access Data Into Word Doc Through VB App