Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine
Author Message
 Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine

I've been using Access 95 with Netobjects Fusion v2.0 with no problems.
Now all of a sudden I get the message: Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db
engine.
everytime I try accessing a database from Netobjects. I also get the
same message when trying to use Cleansweep's Registry Genie. Does
anybody know how to fix this?

Mon, 22 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine

--------------E1F607FAE30556697E2F29A5

Quote:
> I've been using Access 95 with Netobjects Fusion v2.0 with no
> problems.
> Now all of a sudden I get the message: Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db

> engine.
> everytime I try accessing a database from Netobjects. I also get the
> same message when trying to use Cleansweep's Registry Genie. Does
> anybody know how to fix this?

It seems the problem stemmed from the installation of either Netscape
Communicator B4 or IE 4.
It is definitely the mfc42.dll (version 4.21.7022)
What I had to do is this:
1.) Restart in ms-dos mode
2.) Remove c:\windows\system\mfc42.dll
3.) Exit and restart Windows
4.) Re-install NetObjects Fusion which comes with it's own mfc42.dll

If you don't have NOF then you'll have to get the file from someone else
or you can download it from mfc42.dll .

--------------E1F607FAE30556697E2F29A5

<HTML>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I've been using Access 95 with Netobjects Fusion
v2.0 with no problems.
<BR>Now all of a sudden I get the message: Unable to initialize DAO/Jet
db
<BR>engine.
<BR>everytime I try accessing a database from Netobjects. I also get the
<BR>same message when trying to use Cleansweep's Registry Genie. Does
<BR>anybody know how to fix this?</BLOCKQUOTE>
It seems the problem stemmed from the installation of either Netscape Communicator
B4 or IE 4.
<BR>It is definitely the mfc42.dll (version 4.21.7022)
<BR>What I had to do is this:
<BR>1.) Restart in ms-dos mode
<BR>2.) Remove c:\windows\system\mfc42.dll
<BR>3.) Exit and restart Windows
<BR>4.) Re-install NetObjects Fusion which comes with it's own mfc42.dll

<P>If you don't have NOF then you'll have to get the file from someone
else or you can download it from <A HREF="ftp://ftp.{*filter*}enet.net/home/mcjr/">mfc42.dll</A>
.
<BR></HTML>

--------------E1F607FAE30556697E2F29A5--

Sat, 27 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error:"Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine"

2. "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine"

3. Unable to initalize DAO/Jet DB engine in Windows ME/XP

4. Cannot initialize OLE/Cannot Create DAO DB Engine

5. Convert DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6 Jet Engine 4.0

6. How can initialize the Jet-Engine

7. Cannot initialize DAO Engine....

8. DAO and JET Database Engine Distribution Licensing

9. Microsoft Jet Engine and DAO (what are they..?)

10. DAO and Jet Engine

11. Diference between DAO, Jet Engine and ODBC

12. Microsoft Jet DB Engine