Importing toolbars and file specifications-How?
Author Message
 Importing toolbars and file specifications-How?

I seem to corrupt a front end db every so often, often enough to be annoyed
at having to re-create all the file export specifications (about 5) and
customizing a toolbar that has buttons useful to the app.

Maybe I need a primer on making a toolbar that I can import into other dbs,
but what about those file specifications??

Thanks
james

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importing toolbars and file specifications-How?
James,

If you import by clicking on File, GetExternalData, Import you will get
the import wizard.  Point to the mdb that has good copies of your
toolbars and specs and click OK.  At the bottom right of the dialog
there is a button, "Options".  When you click it, you will see at the
bottom right of the dialog that you can import toolbars and specs.

--
Regards,
Randy Shore

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importing toolbars and file specifications-How?

Quote:

> I seem to corrupt a front end db every so often, often enough to be annoyed
> at having to re-create all the file export specifications (about 5) and
> customizing a toolbar that has buttons useful to the app.

> Maybe I need a primer on making a toolbar that I can import into other dbs,
> but what about those file specifications??

> Thanks
> james

When you have the list database objects to import, select [Options] on
the bottom right of the dialog box.  Click on "Import/Export
Specifications" and "Menus and Toolbars" and select at least one table
to import, it could just be the definitions if you like, any table
except a couple of the MSys ones.  You can remove the table afterwards,
if you want.

Hope this helps,

Metra

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. import file specifications

2. Fixed-Width Import/Export Specification File

3. Import File Specification

4. Automating file import specification????

5. Copy Import/Export Specifications

6. Manipulating import/export specifications in code

7. composing text import specifications for use with TransferText()

8. Listing of Text Import/Export Specifications

9. Import Specification VS Line-at-a-time

10. Getting a list of Import Specifications with VBA

11. Changing Import Specification

12. How to create an import specification through code?