Need to code sending email to various recipients
Author Message
 Need to code sending email to various recipients

My combo list box points to query [qry_RevAsstsandCoord].
The query lists all depts/abbrevs and the persons
responsible for the dept.  See below.

DEPT      ABBREV  COORDINATORS          ASSISTANTS

Pharmacy
Services  PHAR    Veneziale, Teresa .   Fernandez, Ana L.

Acute
Illness   AI      Armentrout, Brian T.  Peterson, Ryan K.

Allergy   ALRG    Montoya, Betsy L.     Peterson, Ryan K.

I can select 'Allergy' or 'ALRG' from the combo box.  Now,
I want to be able to create an email message that looks at
the DEPT or ABBREV selected, sees the names by the
dept/abbrev and fills in the To: field automatically with
Betsy and Ryan's names.

The people who will be using this are VERY time
conscientious and want to have to THINK as LITTLE as
possible!

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 05:09:37 GMT
 Need to code sending email to various recipients
You probably know this, but here goes...

The properties on the Combo Box list a "Bound" column.
This is the field (piece of data from the query) that gets
passed from the Combo box.

[Side note: Now, you can actually combine 2 pieces of
information by using the query to combine them into a
field (which you create in the query).  This works nice to
combine City State and ZipCode. Not that this is what you
want, but it is good to know.]

Now, you could change the "Bound" column in that Combo Box
(though that is probably not what you want to do) or just
simply have the VBA code open a query (could even be the
same one that the Combo Box is based upon) and select the
record you want data from (based upon the field selected
in the combo box).

I hope this isn't too confusing, but it is hard to write
without using my hands and interaction with you.

Colin

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 06:48:07 GMT
 Need to code sending email to various recipients
Here is how I've started the VBA

    DoCmd.SendObject acSendQuery, "Request for Review",
acFormatXLS, _
    , , , "Rqst for Rvw-Attachment(s)", , False

I need to know how to write it to make this look at the
dept/abbrev selected from the combo box to decide who to
send it to.

Quote:

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 01:45:11 GMT

1. Send an SMTP email to multiple recipients??

2. Send email to multiple recipient

3. Send as email recipient

4. Need macro or VB code to send multiple emails

5. Send/Receive email using MAPI code needed...

6. Need some code to send an email with the Microsoft Internet Controls

7. Need info on sending email with eVB code

8. New Subject: I need to look at a particular email recipient

9. how to send notification email when new email arrives (help needed, please)

10. Sending files to recipients in the explorer send to menu

11. Message to SteveT re Send Email code

12. code for sending an email