User rights,Win2k&Word97 problem
Author Message
 User rights,Win2k&Word97 problem

Hi!

I'm using function Documents.Open on Win2k with
Word 97 SR-2.

Being logged on as Administrator, everything works fine.
If I create a new user in the "Users" group and log on as
the new user, the Documents.Open returns error:
80020009 - "Could not open macro storage"
If I add the new user to the "Administrators" group and
run the OpenDoc, everything starts working fine and keeps
working even if I have removed the user from the
Administrators group afterward!!! BTW the document I want
to open is a normal document with full access rights for
everyone.

It has probably something to do with access rights to the
Office directory. Do you have any idea how to resolve the
problem elegantly?

TIA,
Lubos.

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:32:54 GMT

1. User rights problem under Windows2000 & Word97

2. Code runs in Word97/Win98, gags in Word2K/Win2K-NT

3. Word97, NT, Win2K and Internet Temporary Files...

4. VB6 developed on win2k, but deployed on winME&95 problem

5. VB6 developed on win2k, but deploy on winME&95 problem

6. User & group rights

7. Problem adding the SYSTEM user to NTFS rights

8. Right click in the system tray does'nt work after upgrade to Win2k

9. LEN, LEFT & RIGHT problem

10. W2K Impersonating user Security Policis/User Rights Assignment

11. Word97 and VBA User Forms

12. Comboboxes in Word97 user forms