Contact and journal item link
Author Message
 Contact and journal item link

Could anyone tell me if its possible to get a handle to the contact a
journal entry is being created for?  Let me explain a little. I have a dll
that synchronizes contacts to an external database, there is a user created
variable that holds the external key field for the contact. When a user then
in Outlook right clicks on a contact and creates a journal item for them I
have an event routine for the journal write, so I could add the unique key
from the contact to the journal item, but I can't find a way to get hold of
the contact to get the key field. Is there any way to do this. I can't use
just the name because there are duplicate names and the contacts are not in
the default folders.

Any help would be great.

Cam

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 04:58:54 GMT
 Contact and journal item link
Have you looked at the JournalItem.Links collection?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Could anyone tell me if its possible to get a handle to the contact a
> journal entry is being created for?  Let me explain a little. I have a dll
> that synchronizes contacts to an external database, there is a user created
> variable that holds the external key field for the contact. When a user then
> in Outlook right clicks on a contact and creates a journal item for them I
> have an event routine for the journal write, so I could add the unique key
> from the contact to the journal item, but I can't find a way to get hold of
> the contact to get the key field. Is there any way to do this. I can't use
> just the name because there are duplicate names and the contacts are not in
> the default folders.

> Any help would be great.

> Cam

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:29:49 GMT

1. Public Contact linked to a public journal entry

2. Code to add a shortcut link to a contact journal

3. Code to add a shortcut link to a contact journal

4. How To Derive Contact Name from Journal Item

5. Contact field validation on Journal Item in Outlook 2000

6. Creating a shortcut key to open journal item for contact

7. Move Journal to Public Journal Loses Contact Info

8. Linking Recipients to Contact Item???

9. Finding item that link TO contacts.

10. How do I programmatically link contact to contact?

11. changing the default journal entry for contacts

12. How to: Add a contact to Appointment/Task/Journal by program