Copy of Form on Local Machine
Author Message
 Copy of Form on Local Machine

I'm running Exchange 5.5.  I recently switched servers and I didn't copy the
forms in my Organization Forms Library.  Aren't there copies of those forms
on the local machines somewhere, maybe like personal folders? I am trying to
pull a copy of those forms from the local machines so I can put them into
the Forms Library.

See, I know a copy of the form is stored somewhere on the local machine, so
it doesn't have to access the form from exchange each time.  Because
whenever I install a new form, and a user opens the form for the first time
in outlook(like contact or task) it says installing form and it only says
this ONCE.  So where can I go to find the copy of the form? I know the name
of it. I made a big mistake by not copying the custom forms in the
Organization Library when I switched servers. It's only a couple of forms.
Thanks!

Fri, 08 Aug 2003 23:47:25 GMT
 Copy of Form on Local Machine
Forms are held locally in the forms cache, but you can't directly
extract them from there. If you can open the form on the local machine
you can then publish it in the Org. Forms library on the new server.
Otherwise you have to go to the old server and open a form from there.
Then save it as an .OFT file and transport it to the new server, where
you can open the .OFT and publish it in the new library.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> I'm running Exchange 5.5.  I recently switched servers and I didn't
copy the
> forms in my Organization Forms Library.  Aren't there copies of
those forms
> on the local machines somewhere, maybe like personal folders? I am
trying to
> pull a copy of those forms from the local machines so I can put them
into
> the Forms Library.

> See, I know a copy of the form is stored somewhere on the local
machine, so
> it doesn't have to access the form from exchange each time.  Because
> whenever I install a new form, and a user opens the form for the
first time
> in outlook(like contact or task) it says installing form and it only
says
> this ONCE.  So where can I go to find the copy of the form? I know
the name
> of it. I made a big mistake by not copying the custom forms in the
> Organization Library when I switched servers. It's only a couple of
forms.
> Thanks!

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:30:16 GMT
 Copy of Form on Local Machine
It was pointed out to me by Siegfried Weber, the genius behind
www.cdolive.com, that you can access a local copy of the form from the
forms cache. It's undocumented, but it works.

When you locate the forms cache (frmcache.dat), under it are
subfolders that contain local copies of the forms with a .tmp
extension. If you locate the form name you are looking for with a .tmp
extension you can copy it and give it an .oft extension. You can then
open the .oft file and publish it as you would with a normal form
template file. In Outlook 97 and 98 the forms cache is located under
%SystemRoot%\FORMS. In Outlook 2000 you can do a search for
"frmcache.dat" and it's located under that.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:32:09 GMT

1. Copy file from local machine to web host

2. Linked table manager to be changed from (X:\) a server drive to (C:\) a local machine

3. local machine name

4. Files on Local machine.

5. Local machine name from VB

6. Detecting IPSec policies on local machine

7. Enumerating Services on Remote and local machines, other than for a domain

8. Detect Regional Settings on Local Machine?

9. Internet-Application with a reaction on the local machine

10. IP ADDRESS OF LOCAL MACHINE

11. Return local machine IP.

12. Remote script : create a file on local machine