List Access Objects based on Date Last Modified
Author Message
 List Access Objects based on Date Last Modified

I am using Access 2000. I have been trying to list all objects in my
database that have been modified on a date later than a date I enter.  I
though I would be able to use the containers object and use the document
object last updated property. This did not work. When I access this property
I get the same date as the creation date. Does anyone have any ideas as to
what I am doing wrong, or suggestions as to how I can get a list of all
objects based on the date last modified.

Thanks

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 04:34:10 GMT
 List Access Objects based on Date Last Modified
I am using Access 2000. I have been trying to list all objects in my
database that have been modified on a date later than a date I enter.  I
though I would be able to use the containers object and use the document
object last updated property. This did not work. When I access this property
I get the same date as the creation date. Does anyone have any ideas as to
what I am doing wrong, or suggestions as to how I can get a list of all
objects based on the date last modified.

Thanks

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:58:19 GMT
 List Access Objects based on Date Last Modified
You are not doing anything wrong. They now store this information in a new
place, no longer using the Jet documents. They do not provide a means to get
or set this value, and there is no documentation on the internal storage
format they use.

This is addressed in the next version of Access.... so you need to consider
it a feature they took away for a version.

--
MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.
http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> I am using Access 2000. I have been trying to list all objects in my
> database that have been modified on a date later than a date I enter.  I
> though I would be able to use the containers object and use the document
> object last updated property. This did not work. When I access this
property
> I get the same date as the creation date. Does anyone have any ideas as to
> what I am doing wrong, or suggestions as to how I can get a list of all
> objects based on the date last modified.

> Thanks

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:18:59 GMT
 List Access Objects based on Date Last Modified
Michael,
Apparently a query like the following is of no value. I know this is
undocumented but is it also unreliable?

SELECT DateCreate, DateUpdate, [Name], Type
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE DateCreate<>[DateUpdate] AND [Name] Not Like "msys*";

Duane

Quote:
> You are not doing anything wrong. They now store this information in a new
> place, no longer using the Jet documents. They do not provide a means to
get
> or set this value, and there is no documentation on the internal storage
> format they use.

> This is addressed in the next version of Access.... so you need to
consider
> it a feature they took away for a version.

> --
> MichKa

> Michael Kaplan
> Trigeminal Software, Inc.
> http://www.trigeminal.com/

> > I am using Access 2000. I have been trying to list all objects in my
> > database that have been modified on a date later than a date I enter.  I
> > though I would be able to use the containers object and use the document
> > object last updated property. This did not work. When I access this
> property
> > I get the same date as the creation date. Does anyone have any ideas as
> > what I am doing wrong, or suggestions as to how I can get a list of all
> > objects based on the date last modified.

> > Thanks

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:59:31 GMT
 List Access Objects based on Date Last Modified
Yes, it is also unreliable. That date is where the DAO stuff got its
information from.

--
MichKa

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> Michael,
> Apparently a query like the following is of no value. I know this is
> undocumented but is it also unreliable?

> SELECT DateCreate, DateUpdate, [Name], Type
> FROM MSysObjects
> WHERE DateCreate<>[DateUpdate] AND [Name] Not Like "msys*";

> Duane

wrote

> > You are not doing anything wrong. They now store this information in a
new
> > place, no longer using the Jet documents. They do not provide a means to
> get
> > or set this value, and there is no documentation on the internal storage
> > format they use.

> > This is addressed in the next version of Access.... so you need to
> consider
> > it a feature they took away for a version.

> > --
> > MichKa

> > Michael Kaplan
> > Trigeminal Software, Inc.
> > http://www.trigeminal.com/

> > > I am using Access 2000. I have been trying to list all objects in my
> > > database that have been modified on a date later than a date I enter.
> > > though I would be able to use the containers object and use the
document
> > > object last updated property. This did not work. When I access this
> > property
> > > I get the same date as the creation date. Does anyone have any ideas
as
> > > what I am doing wrong, or suggestions as to how I can get a list of
all
> > > objects based on the date last modified.

> > > Thanks

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:02:25 GMT

1. Change the Last Modify and Last Access date

2. Modifying the Last Modified Date and Time

3. Access Last Date Modified

4. Modules and date last modified

5. How to look for Last Modified Date...

6. Date Last Modified

7. Read file Date/Time last modified

8. Word: Filter files on date last modified

9. Reading last modified date time

10. Check the last modified date on any file

11. Determine file last modified date.

12. Need to display last modified date for files in web page