Programmatically transfer DecimalPlaces property from table field to form text box
Author Message
 Programmatically transfer DecimalPlaces property from table field to form text box

I am programmatically binding a report text box to a table field whose
DecimalPlaces property is unknown.   I tried setting the report text box
DecimalPlaces property to the table field's DecimalPlaces property value,
but that property is not valid for a TableDef object.  I would think that
the DecimalPlaces property, of all properties would be available so that a
report could display a number consistent with the table definition.  I know
that when you manually create a report text box and bind it to a particular
table field that it inherits the same DecimalPlaces property.  How do you
do this programmatically via VBA?  I can't find anything in the
documentation and the support line did not know.  Please send response to:

                                             Todd Spears

Sat, 11 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Programmatically transfer DecimalPlaces property from table field to form text box

 This should be a property of the Field object, not the TableDef.

Quote:
>I am programmatically binding a report text box to a table field whose
>DecimalPlaces property is unknown.   I tried setting the report text box
>DecimalPlaces property to the table field's DecimalPlaces property value,
>but that property is not valid for a TableDef object.  I would think that
>the DecimalPlaces property, of all properties would be available so that a
>report could display a number consistent with the table definition.  I know
>that when you manually create a report text box and bind it to a particular
>table field that it inherits the same DecimalPlaces property.  How do you
>do this programmatically via VBA?  I can't find anything in the
>documentation and the support line did not know.  Please send response to:

>      Todd Spears

Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. programmatically create forms / ADO field properties

2. set text form field properties within a macro

3. Setting DecimalPlaces Property from code

4. create a table with Format Date and Decimalplaces

5. Programmatically modifying field "description" property

6. Programmatically alter database field properties / input mask with VB6

7. How to Compare Tables, Fields, & Field Properties

8. Adding fields to a table programmatically

9. Changing table - field's Format & DecimalPlaces properties thru Access Basic. Access 2.0

10. Inserting a field (programmatically) into a table in a header

11. Need to link a table to a text file programmatically

12. Creating Text Fields Programmatically