Deleting Embedded Appointments (Attachments) from Contact
Author Message
 Deleting Embedded Appointments (Attachments) from Contact

Hi everyone,
    I'm creating Contacts from an Access query. When I entered the DOB and Anniversary of the Contact, Outlook creates an Appointment with the title "<FullName>'s Birthday", or "<FullName>'s Anniversary". This is great, I have all of these birthdays and anniversaries on my daily schedule and I can make phone calls or send out letters to wish these people well.
    If I delete the contact, Outlook deletes these two appointments automatically.
    HERE'S MY PROBLEM. The Access table contains information for couples (which I call Spouse1 and Spouse2). I create each contact as:
            .FileAs = "John & Mary Smith"
            .FullName = "John Smith"
            .Spouse = "Mary"

    I then place John's DOB in the .Birthday field and their Wedding Anniversary in the .Anniversary field. Then, I create an Appoinment for Mary's Birthday ("Mary Smith's Birthday") and create an .Attachment for it in the olContact.Attachments container. I then create an .link item on the Appointment pointing back to the Contact.
    After running the code, I then switch to the Contacts folder and double click on any of the Contacts. All three dates appear in the Body of the Contact (and each Appointment contains the correct Contact name in the Contacts field at the bottom of the Appointment form. However, when I manually delete the Contact, only the Outlook generated Appointments are deleted, the Spouse2 ("Mary Smith's Birthday") is still in the Calendar folder.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Paul D. Goldstein

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Progamatically accessing appointment item as an embedded attachment

2. How to access embedded appointments in appointment

3. Help deleting contact item attachments

4. Delete Contacts from "Contact " Folder Automatically

5. add name of attachment to Subject line and delete attachment

6. Appointment with Contact

7. Birthday Appointments of Contacts

8. Get contact info for appointment

9. drag a contact/task/appointment from Outlook and drop it at my application

10. Contact information in Outlook Appointments

11. Appointment item can not acces contacts properties (VB)

12. Getting the linked contacts of an appointment