Microsoft Word forms
Author Message
 Microsoft Word forms

When someone fills out my form and emails it to me, the
drop down box choice does not show up on the form.

Why does this entry not show up? PLEASE HELP!

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 13:32:55 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Ronda

I presume you mean a protected form, i.e.: a form built using the Forms
toolbar and protected using Tools/Protect Document or the padlock icon on the
Forms toolbar? If this is not the case please advise. If it is:

1. Is the form protected when you receive it?
2. Do you or any macros that run (AutoOpen/Document_Open) unprotect/protect
the form?
3. Do other form fields display the correct value(s)?
4. If you use the form yourself and select one of the dropdown list values
then save, close and reopen the document does that display the correct
values?

Cheers - Peter

Quote:
> When someone fills out my form and emails it to me, the
> drop down box choice does not show up on the form.

> Why does this entry not show up? PLEASE HELP!

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:02:44 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Hi Peter,

I am using the forms toolbar to create this form without
any macros.  The text form fields show up just fine when I
email this protected form to someone.  It is just the drop
down form field entry that does not want to show up.

When I saved it and reopened the form in word, the drop
down entry still did not show up.

Thank you for your help.

Ronda

Quote:

Quote:

>> When someone fills out my form and emails it to me, the
>> drop down box choice does not show up on the form.

>> Why does this entry not show up? PLEASE HELP!

>.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:58:07 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Hi Rhonda,

For some reason your posting gives a name of Peter Hewett. This is not good.

Anyway, is your form "protected?" If it is and you are displaying the forms
toolbar, the little lock icon will appear depressed.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:

Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)

See also the MVP FAQ: <URL: http://www.mvps.org/word/> which is awesome!
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:
> Hi Peter,

> I am using the forms toolbar to create this form without
> any macros.  The text form fields show up just fine when I
> email this protected form to someone.  It is just the drop
> down form field entry that does not want to show up.

> When I saved it and reopened the form in word, the drop
> down entry still did not show up.

> Thank you for your help.

> Ronda

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:09:21 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
My Form is protected.
Quote:

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 20:51:55 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Ronda

Ok, we know that the problem is that the forms values are either not saved
correctly or are altered when a saved form is opened.

Are there any macro associated with this form? and in particular this form
field? Try opening a saved form, but as you open it hold down the Shift key.
This disables any auto macros that fire when you open the document. Do you
still have a problem?

Cheers - Peter

Quote:
> My Form is protected.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 22:03:11 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Hi Peter,

Yes the field is showing up now,Thank you, but I have
another easy challenge for you.

This form is a link from an adobe file.  The individual
will click on the link and move into my word form.  They
fill it out and save and then email it to me.

This form email the file to me.  It will only show up if
it is sent as an attachment.  WHY?

Quote:

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 05:03:32 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Ronda

I not clear on exactly what you mean by why. But assuming the document is
being emailed from within Word then the document you are sending is always
send as an attachment. A lot of emails are still sent as plain text rather
than HTML so you can't embed your data as the email body. So the document
has to be sent as an email attachement.

I hope this helps + Cheers - Peter

Quote:
> Hi Peter,

> Yes the field is showing up now,Thank you, but I have
> another easy challenge for you.

> This form is a link from an adobe file.  The individual
> will click on the link and move into my word form.  They
> fill it out and save and then email it to me.

> This form email the file to me.  It will only show up if
> it is sent as an attachment.  WHY?

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:32:09 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Hi Peter,

My form is showing the field now when I Save it.

But now I need to know why The drop down field choice will
not show up when the form is filled out, saved, and e-
mailed to me.  The Drop Down form field will only show up
it someone fills the form out, saves it to a specific
location, and sends the form as an attachment. Why?

Is this how it it is supposed to work?

Quote:

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:32:39 GMT
 Microsoft Word forms
Ronda

OK. You can fill out the form (including setting the drop-down fields
you're experiencing problems with), save the document, close it and then
reopen it and EVERYTHING is as it should be. Then you can email the saved
form to yourself and the drop-down field is reset? Is this a correct
synopsis of the problem?

Also I asked you a whole lot of questions in a previous email and you still
have not answered them. Until you can provide ALL of the details we're all
thrashing around in circles.

The relevance of all these questions is to try to identify exactly what's
going on. At the moment there's insuffient information to make that
determination.

Forms do not just change themselves, so we have to identify what's
happening to cause that change. If the form uses macros then it could well
be the presence (or even the absence) or the macros thats at fault.

I hope I'll be able to help you more, when I have more information.

Cheers - Peter

Quote:
> Hi Peter,

> My form is showing the field now when I Save it.

> But now I need to know why The drop down field choice will
> not show up when the form is filled out, saved, and e-
> mailed to me.  The Drop Down form field will only show up
> it someone fills the form out, saves it to a specific
> location, and sends the form as an attachment. Why?

> Is this how it it is supposed to work?

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:09:06 GMT

1. Microsoft Word form

2. Microsoft Word And Windows Forms

3. How to paste Visual Basic Form to Microsoft Words

4. Microsoft word document from a form

5. Microsoft word document from a form

6. Microsoft word document from a form

7. Microsoft Equation 3.0 in Microsoft Word

8. Question for Microsoft about Word 2000 and Word 2002

9. Convert an Microsoft Access Form to a VB Form

10. Change data inside the Microsoft Word text box from VB program without showing to the user the Microsoft Word screen?

11. Change ata inside the Microsoft Word text box from VB program without showing to the user the Microsoft Word screen ?

12. Convert Word docs to Word forms??