Dropping shapes through VBA with shape Custom Properties setting ASK =True
Author Message
 Dropping shapes through VBA with shape Custom Properties setting ASK =True

When using VBA code to drop a master shape onto a drawing page which has
custom properties which are set to ASK= TRUE (i.e. ask user for value on
drop), nothing appears, no errors either, no request for input.

Setting ask=false to the master shape on the master stencil through VBA
code, dropping shape and then resetting ask = true each time works but has
the effect of creating a new shape on the document stencil each time a shape
is dropped. I also want to do this for several master shapes so the problem
magnifies.

Is anyone aware of a way to cancel the ASK=true as a more global setting
whilst using VBA to drop shapes or is there an alternative to dropping
shapes through code?
 (Needed as I am recreating diagrams from my own database of objects which
can fill in custom properties through code so in this case need the
ASK=FALSE - but the interactive mode needs to prompt for custom property
values on drop, ASK = TRUE, to ensure completion)

Also the text path to the custom properties ASK cell through the CELLS ()
method is not "prop.xxx.ask" but "prop.xxx.verify" (visio 2k). This took a
lot of head scratching and test code to resolve and is surely a bug in
Visio?

Any help appreciated.
Paul Bell

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dropping shapes through VBA with shape Custom Properties setting ASK =True

Like all good problems it appears to have resolved itself!
Shapes with custom properties with ASK = True do drop OK through VBA code
and the user in not prompted (just what I want).

However the following is still an issue.

Quote:

> Also the text path to the custom properties ASK cell through the CELLS ()
> method is not "prop.xxx.ask" but "prop.xxx.verify" (visio 2k). This took a
> lot of head scratching and test code to resolve and is surely a bug in
> Visio?

> Any help appreciated.
> Paul Bell

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. dropping shapes w/ custom properties HELP

2. Setting shape custom prop to page's property

3. How to differentiate a shape created from Stencil drag/drop and shape Copy/Paste

4. Shapes shapes shapes

5. Shape Sheet - Custom Properties

6. custom properties when adding a shape

7. updating custom properties in a shape

8. Can Not Access or Set Properties of Master Shape

9. Using VBA to get Shape Properties

10. setting SourcePath for a linked shape using VBA

11. How to set shape layout behind text in VBA

12. new shape in another shape