Experienced Programmer needs quick shove in the right direction
Author Message
 Experienced Programmer needs quick shove in the right direction

Can someone give an expert programmer a quick synopsis of objects and
methods to use to insert a chart object into a word 2000 doc, populate it's
data grid, and format it as some given chart style? I've done many years of
VB, VC++, ASP stuff, but not much VBA and office object model programming.

I have a client who wants to populate a grid (in a word document)
dynamically based on ADO recordset values. I have never done this before,
and just need someone to suggest which objects to use and how it is normally
accomplished with VBA code in a macro.

im trying to find a sample in Office 2000 Developer as well, but have not
had luck yet.

Jason Taylor, MCP

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:06:56 GMT
 Experienced Programmer needs quick shove in the right direction
Hi Jason,

Quote:
> Can someone give an expert programmer a quick synopsis of objects and
> methods to use to insert a chart object into a word 2000 doc, populate it's
> data grid, and format it as some given chart style?

Do you mean a Word table, or MSGraph chart + data sheet?

MSGraph (if it's installed) has its own object library. If you activate a
refrence to it in an Office VBEditor, you can access the methods and
properties via the Object Browser. Or, if you have tools for that sort of
thing: GRAPH9.OLB

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Thu, 26 Jun 2003 03:11:51 GMT

1. Newbie - Shove Me in the Right Direction - App Style Question

2. Quick Database question - Easy one for you experienced programmers, but out my hands - Please help

3. Need a point in the right direction...

4. PDS7 PROGRAMMER WANTED-Multi-user experience-Network Experience

5. Need a Push in the Right Direction

6. Need a point in the right direction please

7. Need a point in the right direction.

8. Experienced Access VBA Programmer Need for Very Short Telecommuting Project

9. I need an experienced VB Programmer

10. Experienced VB 4.0 Programmer Needed in Los Angeles

11. C Programmer with ISAM experience needed