Entering the Current School Year
Author Message
 Entering the Current School Year

Hi I was hoping that someone could help me set up a module
that would allow me to Enter the current School year. I
have developed a database for the kids that are turned in
as truant every school year. We run school years from
August through June and all of my forms  and such run off
of parameter boxes that ask for the school year. I was
wanting to do something that would allow me to put the
school year in once say at the begining of the school year
that way when I run my query and reports I don't
constantly have to type in the current school year. I have
access 2000 and have self taught myself how to do alot of
the things however I know little about code and would
really like some help....... Thanks

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:26:30 GMT
 Entering the Current School Year

Quote:
>  We run school years from
> August through June and all of my forms  and such run off
> of parameter boxes that ask for the school year.

1) subtract one if the month is less than August

  Year(dtSomeDate) - IIf(Month(dtSomeDate)<8,1,0)

2) move the date back eight months and use that date (but check the
arguments because I never use the DateAdd function):

  Year(DateAdd("m", -8, dtSomeDate))

HTH

Tim F

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:43:28 GMT

1. a control that shows only the current month and current year

2. School Year Grouping on a report

3. How to get current Year records only

4. How to chekc if the current year have les or more than 52 weeks

5. current day of year as int

6. Found Problem -- Help w/ Year as Long Int and compare to Year

7. Report: This year by month/ last year by month

8. last year and year to date

9. 4-digit years-ccyy in Cdate() (returned as 2-digit years-yy)

10. Is the year 2000 really a leap year?

11. enter ctrl+enter key into a text box

12. ENTER and keypad ENTER