Using MS Access 97 to Create and Manage MS Project 98
Author Message
 Using MS Access 97 to Create and Manage MS Project 98

I'm looking for some helpful hint on how to create and
manage a project in Project 98.  I want to store all of
the data within Access and have a function that will
automatically create or modify an new or existing project
using VBA.  I can reference the dll in Access but I can't
seem to find any code that will allow me to work with MS
Project 98 within MS Access 97.  Can anybody help?

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:58:00 GMT
 Using MS Access 97 to Create and Manage MS Project 98

Derrick,
Although I've never worked with an Access database, you can open an
Access database in Project. Follow these steps (they are pulled right
out of the Project 98 Users guide. I assume they are also detailed in
the help files but I haven't looked):
1. Go to File/Open
2. In Files of Type list box select "Microsoft Access Database"
3. Select your Access database file
4. Click Open, click Selective Data and then New Map
5. Under Data to import, select the check boxes for the types of data
you want to import
6. Click the tab for the type of data you want to import. For example,
if you slected the Tasks check box, click the Task Mapping tab
7, In the Source database table name box, click the table name from
which you want to import. Project fills the From column with all the
fields from the table. Any table field that matches a Project field name
will be matched to the Project field automatically.
8. For any unmapped field in the TO: Microsoft Project Field column,
select or enter the Project field that you want to map to the
corresponding table field from Access
9. In the Method for incororating improted data box, click an option
10. To save the map, click OK

This should get you started.

John

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:28:03 GMT
 Using MS Access 97 to Create and Manage MS Project 98

Derrick,
Sorry, after I replied with all the manual steps on importing Access
data to Project, I re-read your post and realized (Duh) you were asking
for an automated way to do it. I have not done any VBA from Access but I
have done macros to transfer data between Project and Excel. If you
don't get another answer, I would be happy to help you automate the
process with a macro run from Project to pull the data from Access.

John

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:36:23 GMT

1. Saving data in MS Project 98 to MS Access

2. MS Project 98 vs Ms Project 2000

3. Opening MS Project 98 plan from Excel 97 vb code

4. MS Access and Project 98

5. Using MS Access to populate specific fields in MS Project

6. MS Project to Access 97

7. Accessing Usernames in Ms Access 97 Using ADO

8. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

9. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

10. Help, using an Access 97 DB without MS Access Application

11. Import Multiple 98 Project Files to Access 97

12. Ms Access 97 created Username and Password on the Network