how can VBA talk to web server on Win & Mac
Author Message
 how can VBA talk to web server on Win & Mac

I would like to develop an application with Word that can send information
to and get information from a web server or some other application running
on a machine across the Internet.

I would like to develop this so it could run inside of Win Word 97 & 2000
and Mac 98 & 2001 (I presume with VBA). The app would create a word document
like a template or wizard would do it. Just the data needs to come from a
web server.

Is VBA a poor choice? Or should I use VB on Windows and something else on
Mac? I think I found a WinSock type library for Mac and Windows called
MacWinSock at http://www.*-*-*.com/

I am not sure how to call outside "libraries" on the Mac from VBA.

Any other thoughts???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Aylesworth
www.diamondbullet.com

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:33:32 GMT

1. Mac Word 98 VBA won't load form

2. Mac Word 98 VBA won't load form

3. VBA and talking to an ASP page on SERVER

4. Building, Deploying Web App for Mac OS X server

5. ODBC & VBA for the Mac

6. Windows EXCEL VBA / MAC EXCEL VBA compatibility issues

7. Project Central-Server Trial / Integrating Macs in Project/Exchange-Server Enviroment

8. Web Development Help Needed - VBScript & SQL Server

9. VB/WinCGI INI file & Netscape Web server

10. CGI & VB / Using VB on web server

11. VBSCRIPT & APACHE WEB SERVER (OS WINDOWS)

12. Personal Web Server & VB Class problems