Print without carriage return
Author Message
 Print without carriage return

Excuse me if this is a repost, but I couldn't see my earlier message so
assumed that it didn't make it.

I'm trying to export from Access to a file that is destined for a UNIX
system.  I'd like to avoid an extra process to get rid of the CRs, but I
can't figure out how to do it.  The print statements in my module always
generate CR LF.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Mike Pritchard, Phone 503-292-1025, Fax 503-292-1152
5 Circles Internet Services

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Print without carriage return

It can be done but if you have to transfer the file with FTP or so then use
the communication software to replace the CR/LF combination for you.
Something like 'Reflection' does a good job.

Mike Pritchard heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>Excuse me if this is a repost, but I couldn't see my earlier message so
>assumed that it didn't make it.

>I'm trying to export from Access to a file that is destined for a UNIX
>system.  I'd like to avoid an extra process to get rid of the CRs, but I
>can't figure out how to do it.  The print statements in my module always
>generate CR LF.

>Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>Thanks
>Mike
>--
>Mike Pritchard, Phone 503-292-1025, Fax 503-292-1152
>5 Circles Internet Services

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Print without carriage return

Try using Random file access with Put and Get instead of sequential with
Print #, Write # and Input #.

Alden

Quote:

>Excuse me if this is a repost, but I couldn't see my earlier message so
>assumed that it didn't make it.

>I'm trying to export from Access to a file that is destined for a UNIX
>system.  I'd like to avoid an extra process to get rid of the CRs, but I
>can't figure out how to do it.  The print statements in my module always
>generate CR LF.

>Any ideas greatly appreciated.
>Thanks
>Mike
>--
>Mike Pritchard, Phone 503-292-1025, Fax 503-292-1152
>5 Circles Internet Services

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Print without carriage return

Quote:

> Excuse me if this is a repost, but I couldn't see my earlier message
so
> assumed that it didn't make it.

> I'm trying to export from Access to a file that is destined for a UNIX
> system.  I'd like to avoid an extra process to get rid of the CRs, but
> can't figure out how to do it.  The print statements in my module
always
> generate CR LF.

> Any ideas greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Mike
> --

Dim LF As String
LF = Chr(10)  'Linefeed

Print #whatever, "This is the first line"; LF;
Print #whatever, "This is the next line"; LF;

etc.

Regards
-Stuart McCall

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. print line without carriage return

2. Saving Text without Return Carriage

3. How to write files without carriage returns?

4. Printer.print carriage return

5. Printer.print carriage return

6. PRINT & CARRIAGE RETURN

7. How to ignore linefeed and carriage return while using PRINT#

8. How to ignore linefeed and carriage return while using PRINT#

9. How to ignore linefeed and carriage return while using PRINT#

10. How to use the print function without writing a return in the file

11. Put a carriage return in text

12. Carriage Return in SQL Statement