manipulate text in the msgbox function
Author Message
 manipulate text in the msgbox function

Hi,

I have a msgbox that's called in a VBA function and I'm
trying to change how the message is displayed.

Here's one of two locations that the msgbox is used...

'Inform user if no name selected for single app option
    If (CurOpt = 1 And IsNull(SelectName.Value)) Then
        MsgBox strMsg1, , "Data not entered!"
        Exit Sub
        End If

And here's where the string is defined...

Private strMsg1 As String
Option Compare Database
Private Sub Form_Current()
    'Sets CurOpt to the option group selection
    CurOpt = SummaryOptions.Value
    'Defines error message to display for no names.
    strMsg1 = "No name was selected for 'Single
Applicant'." & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "Select a name or
choose 'All Applicants'."
End Sub

For this application, all I want is to center both lines
in the message box (if that's possible).  But i'd also
like to know if you can change things like font and color
using text codes.

Thanks

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:37:30 GMT
 manipulate text in the msgbox function

Quote:

> For this application, all I want is to center both lines
> in the message box (if that's possible).  But i'd also
> like to know if you can change things like font and color
> using text codes.

really understood it.

The simplest thing to do is to create a simple form with a label and a
command button and show it Modally.

HTH

Tim F

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:25:01 GMT

1. Aligning text Left or Mid in MsgBox function/action

2. Bold Text in MsgBox function.

3. Outputting Text of a MSGBOX to a text file

4. VBA function to manipulate word documents (unprotecting / changing passwords)

5. Need help declaring API functions to manipulate Windows registry

6. using the function to manipulate a string

7. I need function to manipulate strings

8. Manipulating Text in a Memo Field

9. opening and manipulating text files

10. manipulating mailitem body text.

11. manipulating style ref text