Typing '*' character in Richtext control
Author Message
 Typing '*' character in Richtext control

I'm using a RichText Control in a form in A97. When I type an asterisk (*)
into it, the form loses its focus. It doesn't happen every time, but almost.
Other characters like ampersand (&) seem to have a similar effect.

How do I stop this behaviour?

David Ireland

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:20:35 GMT
 Typing '*' character in Richtext control

Quote:
>I'm using a RichText Control in a form in A97. When I type an asterisk
>(*) into it, the form loses its focus. It doesn't happen every time, but
>almost. Other characters like ampersand (&) seem to have a similar
>effect.

Is there by any chance some background code running (possibly in Timer
event), that is checking the contents of the control? Just a guess.

--
(remove a 9 to reply by email)

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:37:58 GMT
 Typing '*' character in Richtext control
No, there's no background code running. It's a plain unbound form with an
unbound richtext control. I'm just using it to type in some text.

Quote:

> >I'm using a RichText Control in a form in A97. When I type an asterisk
> >(*) into it, the form loses its focus. It doesn't happen every time, but
> >almost. Other characters like ampersand (&) seem to have a similar
> >effect.

> Is there by any chance some background code running (possibly in Timer
> event), that is checking the contents of the control? Just a guess.

> --
> (remove a 9 to reply by email)

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:57:21 GMT

1. problem of converting C's union type to VB's a data type

2. problem of converting C's union type to VB's a data type

3. SQL and ' (ASCII 39) character problem

4. Escape '%' character

5. '|' Character in SQL Syntax

6. '|' Character in SQL Syntax

7. character '^' inside a sql query

8. Escape Character for 'Replace' Function

9. VBScript and MS Agent character 'instances'

10. How to escape '%' character

11. the '#' character inside a string